June 24, 2011

Good Golly, Miss Mollie...

I found a new magazine today! Issue 1, printed in the UK. I thought you might like a little peek inside Mollie Makes magazine. (and you thought I misspelled "Molly" in the title, didn't you?)
The front cover invites you to look further when you see the pretty little crocheted apple cozies. I promise you'll love what you find inside, too!
I thought of my friend, Claudia from Mockingbird Hill Cottage when I saw the crocheted dress guard for the vintage bicycle. It just reminded me of something she'd love.Then, there are the lovely embroidered linen eggs. Wouldn't you just love a whole jar filled with them?
Look, Twyla! Aprons in the yummiest, sweetest, vintage fabrics. You and Lindsey would be quite the fetching hostesses wearing these!

There is so much more packed between the covers of this magazine. You'll find recipes, patterns, inspiration and even a free project with your purchase. (Of course, you know I'm not being compensated by the company for all this gushing, right?) I found my copy at Joann's Fabrics. You might want to get yours before they run out. If you'd like to see more, you can click here to go to Mollie Makes Sneak Peak of the magazine.
Don't forget that Monday is the next Memory Lane Monday post. I'll put it up on Sunday night for anyone who would like to share their own memory and link to mine. Hope you'll take a walk down Memory Lane with me on Monday.

14 comments:

  1. Hey Pretty Lady,

    I saw that new magazine yesterday......it's amazing. I love how most of it is British. However, I just couldn't see a practical need for crocheted apple cozies!!!! The eggs reminded me of you, I could just see your ribbon embroidery on them. Did your copy come with a small kit for making an IPOD case???

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie Makes looks interesting - I have never heard of the magazine before - Thanks for the info ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I think this is one of those magazines that would make us weak in the knees! I surely would not be able to resist, must find one!
    Thanks for the sneak peaks! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore British and French crafting magazines so thanks for the info Donna! I also had a few tears when I saw the eggs as my mom made eggs just like that for her Easter tree and it brought back fond memories I hadn't thought of in years!
    The use I can see for the crochet apple cozy is it could be protection against poking holes in your apple when carrying it in your purse as a snack?
    Fun ideas for left over yarn in any case!
    Have a great weekend Donna!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The felt eggs look so pretty and the aprons really are cute too! Looks like you have found yet another thing to keep you busy.
    I'm not sure I'll ever make all the things that make me buy magazines like that but they sure do inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful inspiration! I have found that the UK crafting magazines are chock-full of yummy crafts! Thanks for sharing!!!! I love those eggs and the aprons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm clearly smitten my own self!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, Donna! I love the crochet on the bicycle! And my colors, too. I will have to find this lovely magazine.

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been reading about this magazine, lots of great reports! It will no doubt increase your creative juices, though they are already gushing at a high rate of speed. Thanks for sharing! Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I now have this song in my head...
    This magazine looks like a real treat of goodies to make and create. Thank you for sharing. Happy Summer Weekend dear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, that magazine is lovely!! There are so many wonderful, wonderful things in there! Glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun and unexpected goodies it has! I love the apple cozies, HOW FUN ARE THEY!!! That would be such a great first project for a little one to give her teacher! Thank you Donna for the "thumbs up" on the magazine...
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw tha magazine the other day. Lots of fun stuff!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a great magazine, maybe other places will start carrying them here in the states. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. And we lost our Joanns in the tornado, so that wasn't somewhere I could look. I hope you'll continue sharing things from it - Those apple jackets and the aprons were the cutest things!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna