October 28, 2012

Memory Lane Monday - Halloweens Past...

This Memory Lane Monday is so close to Halloween that I thought I'd make it the theme for this month. Rather than focus on the spooky and mischievous aspects of the day, I'm going to share a few "dress up" memories. Perhaps they aren't specifically Halloween, but dress up is fun any time of the year, isn't it?
If you were a kid during the Baby Boomer era, you most likely had a cowboy or cowgirl outfit. Handsome and his little brother were no exception. I love this picture and I think they're adorable. Look at those smiles...and the boots!
Before we came to Florida, I was a Sales Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics. The last year I attended Seminar in Dallas, Texas, our party theme was "Fabulous Fifties". You aren't surprised to see that I dressed up as one of the Pink Girls, are you? My girlfriend, Wendi (not pictured) is a hairdresser, so she was all too happy to give me a bouffant hairdo for my long hair. We had a ball.
I looked to find the one photograph that was taken of Handsome and me early in our relationship when we went to a Halloween party. I made my own velvet cat costume, and a long, hooded robe for Handsome. He went as Merlin and I was his black cat. Sorry I couldn't locate the photograph to share with you, but I promise to look more throughout today. If I find it, I'll scan and include it here.
I'll close today with a photograph of Kessie dressed as a witch. I think I may have shared this picture with you before (a long time ago), but I can't share a Halloween memory without including her picture again.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween this year. I just can't imagine anything more fun than choosing a costume and getting dressed up. Be safe, take care of the children and don't eat too much candy.
Thanks for joining this Memory Lane Monday. If you have a memory to share, please write about it on your blog and link back here (below). If you don't have a blog, go ahead and share a memory in your comment so others can read it.
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Great photos of costumes past. I never really liked Halloween with all of its scary blood and gore. Now that I realize it is anything we want I am enjoying it so much more. I still eat too much candy! Happy Haunting Halloween and Lots of Treats Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna