December 13, 2016

Grammie's Jammies 2016...

Brynwood Needleworks - Grammie's Jammies 2016

I finished Grammie's Jammies for this year. The first are for our grandson. I purchased the black, waffle weave Henley top. I didn't bring any knit fabrics with me, and frankly, it was easier to just get a top that I knew he'd like and wear.

He's 15 now, so I can't make Spider-Man or Minions for him anymore. Instead, I chose music-themed fabric. This particular fabric is "All Amped Up" by Dan Morris. ©2015 RJR Fabrics. It came from my stash.

Brynwood Needleworks - Grammie's Jammies 2016

I guess I made them in order of age this year without even realizing it. These are the jammies I made for Granddaughter #1. These fabrics came from my "semi-permanent" stash. I've had them almost since moving to Florida! They're "Charms", designed by Nancy Halvorson for Benartex.

I bought these when I worked at a (now-closed) local quilt shop when we moved to North Port in 2002. I bought at least two fabrics in every colorway. I'm not sure I ever actually took home a paycheck while I worked there.

Brynwood Needleworks - Grammie's Jammies 2016
 
Last, but certainly not least, are the jammies I made for Granddaughter #2. I purchased these fabrics this year. The fabrics are from Riley Blake Designs, called "Wonderland" by Melissa Mortenson. I love the rabbits and the pants are a coordinating floral.
 
I still have things to make, but these projects are complete - and this year, I'll get to see them open their packages. It's a gift for them...and a gift for me! On to the next project...
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. love them - had to laugh though as Tag sneaked in a preview for us yesterday by draping the bottoms of two over the arm of the love seat he was laying on....great job Tag :)) Glad your home with family - many blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammies Jammie's look so wonderful and comfortable and filled with love! Such a great tradition you created making Grammie's Jammie's every year for your Grands. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna