June 28, 2016

Blooms And A Good Book...

Brynwood Needleworks - Bromeliad Blossom

Destiny is still away. I thought I'd pick her up yesterday, but her "therapist" is sick. As I prefer not to be ill, too, I told him to call me when he's feeling better and I'll run up and get my machine.

I guess it's just as well. My foot is still acting up, so I've been keeping it elevated and on ice. What a pain! I stayed out of the studio and chose to start a new book instead. (I'm reading American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld.)

Brynwood Needleworks - Bromeliad

Years ago, my eldest niece and goddaughter, Jennifer, gave me a beautiful Birthday bromeliad. It was a single, perfect plant with a gorgeous pink bloom. I put it outside near the pool, and then later planted it in the yard under an oak tree. Each year, the plant grew bigger and even multiplied.

Brynwood Needleworks - Bromeliad

When I let Tag out yesterday, I saw that my now-large bromeliad clump is alive with blooms! They surely brightened my day. 
 
I'll be back in the studio today, rain or shine, pain or not. I've got stuff to do, and my little Janome is going to help me get my projects finished. I just have to focus, right?
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Where is Tag to take care of you? I expect he is on vacation since no Tag Tuesday. I just hope he is well and taking good care of you. Reading a good book and staying off your feet is best...lots of rest. Orders can wait and clients will understand. Do be careful dear...
    Beautiful Bromeliad with the pink blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is little Tag???? I missed him and waited for him this week!!! I hope he's okay. Love, Eleanor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna