June 8, 2012

Watermelon Time...

Web image
The weather is warm and it's the time of year when the perfect treat is a juicy slice of watermelon and a glass of iced tea.

I like slicing up my 'melon so that it's served in nice, small wedges that are easily eaten without getting too much on the rest of my face - or clothes, but

Web image
 wouldn't a peacock, adorned with orange peel, olives and ferns make a gorgeous presentation?
Web image
A friend sent me an email with these artful watermelon carvings and I was so amazed that I had to share them with you! Imagine placing this heartfully-carved 'melon in front of your sweetheart.

Web image
I know I'd have a difficult time "defacing" this incredible tiger carving. It's as though the seeds were meant to be right up the center of his tongue! Stunning!

Web image
I think this would be the sweetest way to end a family picnic...with a watermelon carved to show you care.

Have you ever tried to create a piece of art on your watermelons? I never have, and it's unlikely that I could ever carve anything this intricate, but I might enjoy trying my hand at something a little less elaborate. I promise that if I ever do, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures to share with you.

Have a great weekend, and don't forget to stop to enjoy the watermelons!
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Wow,I've never seen anything like those,but I have to be honest Donna,I would rather cut it into small slices and eat .
    Love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those photos are awesome -
    i wouldn't know where to begin to eat that peacock though...
    we like to cube ours and put it in a container in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to make watermelon art! These are amazing, Sweet Friend :)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing pieces of art. Truly too good to eat. Thanks for sharing the pics. I love watermelon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna