June 15, 2012

Geraniums On Top...

I completed my scissor keep yesterday afternoon and am very pleased with how it turned out. The applique' was really quite easy. It was applying the binding around all those curves that proved to be the challenge.
I think it's a good thing when you can face and overcome a challenge from time to time. Keeps a girl on her toes, don't you think? I'll do that much better on the next one.

Now to choose my next little project...
DonnaAcornSignature

16 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Minimiss said...

Cute. I would like to know you secret of your neat finish at the start/end of the binding on such a small item. It looks very good.

Chris said...

It looks like the binding would be hard, your finish looks perfect. The felt work is so sweet.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! Stitches look pretty durn perfect to me! :-)

Claudia said...

Beautiful, Donna!

xo
Claudia

Sherri said...

Donna, the scissor holder turned out just beautiful! Very, very pretty!!

laurajane said...

Looks beautiful to me.xxx

Sharon said...

Great job, Donna! I love it! You are so talented.

Kathy said...

Very pretty! I had trouble with the binding on the first one I made, too, but it got a little easier with the later ones. It's a pretty small area to work with!

Nancy said...

Lovely work Donna.

Createology said...

This is a lovely scissor keep. Only you could make something extra special with your beautiful little stitches and personal touch. Happy Father's Day weekend of celebrations and family fun...

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I love it!!

Faye said...

Too cute Donna.....I really love this!! Faye

Patty C. said...

It turned out so nicely -that binding looks great!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Donna
Gosh, your flowers just make pattern pop. Geraniums are my favorites this year and I have loaded up the front deck with them in planters. I think I am going to go look for some wool!

Have a great Father's Day with Handsome.

xx, Carol

DeeDee said...

it will be a well used treasure... so pretty

Charlie and Wendy said...

A beautiful scissor keep, the flowers are gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails