October 27, 2009

Taking A Break To Blog...

Another Needlecraft Magazine cover image for you today. This is from October 1925. I think I have about a dozen of these magazines. I've had them for years. A friend who knows I love such things gave them to me. I love reading the old patterns, looking at the old ads and well, you wouldn't even imagine the prices they show for sewing patterns, or machines! Those were the days!

Here's a cute photo of a mama and baby that I scanned from an ad. If I remember correctly, it was for Carnation Evaporated Milk. I just love the innocence in this image.
I'm finished painting rooms and rearranging furniture. I'll have photographs to share tomorrow. Oh, yes - I'm also knitting a sweet coat and beret for an American Girl doll when I sit down at the end of the day. I'll be taking photos of them to show you, too!
JoySignatureBROWNSM

2 comments:

  1. Another great cover! I love the pattern around the picture. I enjoyed reading about the nice evening you had with your niece and nephew. I look forward to seeing everything you're working on. Have a great day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those magazines must be a total hoot to look through. I love the cover on that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna