October 9, 2009

Pink Flannel And The French General...

I spent yesterday in the studio working on the pink flannel four-patch quilt. All sixty four-patches are now assembled and I have the prettiest fabric for the backing. I had to put this sweet pair of baby shoes into the shot, too. I've had these for a while and am trying to decide whether or not they should become pincusions...and then be separated. What do you think?

I would have probably finished the quilt top today, but I've decided to go ahead and add the sashing per your comments. Because of that, my project came to a temporary halt. Can you even believe that I don't have the appropriate color (in flannel)? Nope...no siree...no way, Jose'...zip... zero...nada. Darn! What to do? What to do?

Road trip!!! But only for one piece of fabric (for the sashing). Nothing more. Well, maybe I should pick up the batting for the pink quilt and the next, too. And, I do need a few spools of thread. Oh, yeah, and I want to check and see if they have more of this fabric in stock...The French General's "Rouenneries" from Moda. You see my French General "1892 Fondee" pincushion, right? I also have a few other pieces in the French General line. What can I say...I'm in love with this beautiful fabric which emulates the French countryside.

But, seriously, that's going to be everything on my shopping listl! I think. I'm not positive. Perhaps, you shouldn't hold me to that, ok?
JoySignatureBROWNSM

9 comments:

  1. Donna ~
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog ~
    I definitely thing those precious little pink shoes should be pincusions ~ they would just be as darling as can be !
    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I envy your talent to make such beautiful quilts, etc. I also think the pink shoes should be pin cushions, they will be darling.

    Enjoy seeing your work, thanks for sharing.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deece,

    I have truly enjoyed your blog this morning. You are a beautiful writer. We know each other from Sew Worth It. The NZ event from you know where as well.....

    We head back to Florida Nov. 1st. I can't wait. I have done no sewing this summer - just blogging. Stop by and say hi!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ah! inspired again...enjoy visiting your place in the mornings...have a great weekend...lovely quilts Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire your ability to get your projects finished!! I seem to be in that start, stop and don't finish mode right now. All of your quilts are lovely and I think the shoes would make darling pincushions! Have a great weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, I love the pink flannel quilt! I totally understand the lure of running to the quilt shop for supplies and coming out with more than you need! I love French General's style - I haven't seen the fabric yet, so I will have to search that out! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna:
    Just wanted to pop over and say the quilt looks great. I think those shoes would make darling pin cushions. Hope you have a great weekend:)
    Mary
    Blooming Ideas
    http://marywadsworthbloomingideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, I'm just spending a nice quiet evening in my favorite room visiting with some favorite people and lisening to my favorite music. I have your card you made me in a big black paper clip that is standing on my printer. I've ask some gals if they would like to trade cards. I don't think they know what I'm talking about. I sure would like to do more, how to I do it?

    I love your quilts, who are they for? And the shoes are darling, they would make darling pincusions.

    I love running to the material store. If there is one close by like right now, 5 minutes to two of them. It use to take me 45 minutes to get to one.

    c/ya cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna