October 18, 2009

Lucky Girl...

This is one photograph from a series taken while where we were posing for our annual Christmas card a couple of years ago. Our friend, Richard, just kept the shutter going while we descended into unbridled mirth. The whole series hangs, framed, above our bed. (You can click here to see them.)

I just want to tell you a cute little story today. When Handsome and I were at a car show quite a while ago, I came upon a booth with a t-shirt printer.

There were lots of pre-made shirts, like "I'm with Stupid" and "Stupid" (yeah, right); and "Baby on Board", or "Your Village Called...Their Idiot Is Missing". You know. You've seen them, too. But what was different about this booth was that the vendor also did custom shirts while you waited.

So, in keeping with a sweet joke between the two of us for years, I had two shirts made for Handsome and me. His says "What a guy!" and mine reads "Lucky Girl". He laughed out loud when I took the shirts to him.

I know I'm not alone when I write about my husband. I've read many posts from those of you who have your own blogs and share stories about yours. Handsome and I share a joyful life together. One of the most important aspects to me is that shared sense of humor. It carries a couple a long way when times are a little rough. And it sure adds a wonderful facet to daily life.

My wish for all of you is that you have someone with whom you can share an inside joke, a knowing smile, or a downright raucous laugh. We all need that. We all deserve that. I always remember that I really am a Lucky Girl.
JoySignatureBROWNSM

10 comments:

  1. So sweet, Donna. When our husbands really are our best friend, life is so much better. Love the photo of the two of you. It says so much!
    Thank you for being on board with the Bible Study. I really appreciate that you are there. God is doing some amazing things, already. Take care and have a wonderful week!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet post. I call my husband Handsome too...not just to describe him, not just when I want something...but all the time. Now I know I'm not the only one. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful post....love the pictures!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    http://marywadsworthbloomingideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. My knight in shining armor is my husband, best friend. Yep, I'm a lucky girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a life, Donna. Nothing like a good life & laugh with your best friend & KISA ... I agree.

    Have a wonderful, warm week. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, you two are adorable in this photo!!!! We are the same way, laughing all the time ~ I'm so sorry I haven't gotten the pincushion to you yet but it should be on it's way today or tomorrow!!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful picture, don't you just love it when a photo looks so good!!! I am so happy that your hubby is so sweet and you are so happy!
    My Dutchman is the perfect match for me.
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more! The picture is adorable. Twyla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna