October 3, 2009

Miss Ellie And The Dinosaurs...

It occurred to me during Saturday breakfast with my friend, Netta, that I hadn't completed a blanket for Project Linus in a while. What, with traveling to Wisconsin and Virginia recently, and the other projects which have occupied my thoughts, I had temporarily neglected my charitable production.

So, as soon as I got home, I headed to the studio. I opened my cupboard and started sorting through my - ahem - vast stash, and chose four fabrics for a quilt for a Linus child. Then, Miss Ellie (my workhorse sewing machine) and I got busy.

By dinnertime I had completed the cutting, piecing, sewing, and assembling my quilt top, batting and backing. This colorful quilt measures 37" wide by 48" long. Perfect size for a youngster, don't you think?

After stopping long enough to make dinner (easy chicken on the grill - my favorite standby), I retired again to the studio to make the binding, attach it to the quilt and do the hand sewing. I finished at 11:45 pm, showed it to Handsome - who just giggled - and declared my Saturday a huge success!

I'll be taking it to our Project Linus group on Monday to turn in. Although I'll never meet the recipient, I am sure it will be appreciated and am tickled that I could spend my Saturday doing something creative and warm for someone else. I was also more than slightly delighted to have finished my week on a creative high note.
JoySignatureBROWNSM

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love, love, love it!

    For one of my baby showers, we got a gorgeous bunny quilt (similar to this style) for Elijah; if we hadn't, I'd definitely make him something like this myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna