June 29, 2016

Tuesdays With Tag - Better Late Than Never...

Brynwood Needleworks - Mike Sommers Sporting Dogs

Hi, Everybody!

No. It's not Tuesday. 
Yes. This is Tuesdays With Tag for this week.

Yes. I'm considerin' firin' the help. Nothin' like bein' late for my weekly post! I'm tellin' ya, I'm not sure what it takes to get things done on time around here. We had a really nice weekend last week, and I apologize that you have to wait two extra days to hear about it. So, I'm not gonna keep you waitin' even one more minute.

Mom, Dad, The Black Dog and I drove across the state for Bella's trainin' last Friday. I waited in our truck while Bella had her workout. Mom set me up with a cushy wire crate (with a nice thick pad to lie on), lots of water, and a gentle breeze blowin' through the open, shaded back of the truck. It was so nice, I never even panted

She ran her exercises on land and in the water. I could hear Dad and Uncle Mike cheerin' for her good retrieves. I know she's good, but really. There's no need to go overboard.

Brynwood Needleworks - Exploring With The Puppies

The fun started for me after the client dogs all had their turns. I got to play with a bunch of small dogs...although I'm not sure why. I've run with the big dogs before, and they were quite impressed. Maybe I was supposed to clue these little yahoos in on what the future holds? (I just enjoyed snufflin' in the grass and actually got a little swimmin' in myself.)

There was a black Lab puppy, a yellow Lab puppy, and a young dark yellow Lab (called a "fox" color, now), and a couple of English cockers. We all ran around and explored the grounds together.

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag and Cotton

One little minx decided that she should stick with me. Her name is "Cotton". Don't ask me. I don't know why. Cotton Candy? Cotton Mouth? Cotton Swab? Cottontail? pfffffttt! I ran out of ideas, and nobody else asked. Hard as I tried, I just couldn't shake her!

Brynwood Needleworks - Sweet Little Cotton

I had to admit, she was a cute, little thing. She's only about twelve weeks old, so she's just a baby. I only told her once to quit gettin' in my face, but you know puppies...

Brynwood Needleworks - Waiting For Treats

She's pretty good at gettin' treats already, too. Of course, I hung close, in case she dropped one. Uncle Mike saw me, and after he gave her a little Milk Bone, he gave one to me, too. I'm thinkin' she's not so bad, after all.

Brynwood Needleworks - Mike Sommers Land and Water Training

We thought we were gonna get rained on more than once that day, but the skies never let go. It was breezy and warm, but not as hot as if we'd been in town. It's always really breezy at the ranch.

Brynwood Needleworks - Leaving The Ranch

Bella rode back to Uncle Mike's kennels with all the other wet dogs in the dog truck. Each dog has a private berth and the entire carrier is well-ventilated (air conditioned, when it's needed). Believe me, she had a comfy drive back. I know from when I was there for trainin'.

Mom, Dad and I followed in our truck. I got to stretch out all over the black dog-hair-covered back seat of our truck.

Brynwood Needleworks -That, Ladies and Gentlemen, Concludes The Day.

Once we got back to Uncle Mike's, he took Bella off the truck and she ran to us. She jumped right into the back of Dad's open truck, and ran over to the window to thank him for takin' her over for trainin' for the day.

After Mom took this picture for me, Dad finished unloadin' our truck and we all went inside for Friday movie and pizza night. I got my dinner. That's all I cared about!

So, now that we've had our weekly visit, I feel so much better. How about you? Are you glad you got your "Tag fix" with this installment? Let Mom know, please. She needs to feel a little pressure for droppin' the ball, after all.

I'll start buggin' her now so she doesn't forget that we have to do this again in a few short days. I'll be back right after the holiday weekend. In fact, Bella and I might be back early, to wish you a Happy Fourth!

I'll see you again in seven five. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tag! I missed you on Tuesday and then on Wednesday. By Thursday I never saw this until Friday so for me it is easy to see how the days get away. Looks like you had fun while Bella was Training at Uncle Mike's. I think there isn't a dog you haven't liked upon meeting them. Being friendly and cute is a double superpower you possess. See you in just a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward each week to reading about the antics of Tag and Bella Butt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna