October 12, 2009

Make Mine Pumpkin, Please...

I've never been asked to answer one of those blogger interview-type questionnaires. But if I did...and if I were asked what flavor pie is my favorite...I would answer, "Make mine pumpkin, please."

This is the newest cookbook on my shelf. Coming Home from Gooseberry Patch. It's filled with great seasonal ideas, inspiring images and projects, and recipes. Oh, you should see the recipes! I actually started to salivate when I saw the recipe for Crustless Pumpkin Pie!

Now, I don't want anyone to get testy with me if you're already staring Winter in the face, but here in south Florida it's still hot. I mean nearly 90ยบ hot during the day...and humid. So, the thought of firing up the oven to make pumpkin-anything is not on my immediate agenda. But, in about a week, I'm heading to Wisconsin. I'm not telling you why at this point (that's for another post on another day), but Mum is telling me it's bloody cold up there already. Snow in October! Apparently, Wisconsin didn't get the memo about "global warming". I'm afraid I might freeze while I'm there! I'm seriously hoping for Indian Summer.

Don't you think she'd love it if I took my new cookbook with me and whipped up a little Crustless Pumpkin Pie for her? We may have to huddle around the oven if I don't get my "weather wish".

So I'm thinking - Indian Summer, Crustless Pumpkin Pie and perhaps a batch of chili for the Packers game. What do you think?
JoySignatureBROWNSM
A little reminder that if you click on my images, you get a larger view. (ie., You'll be able to read the recipe!) Yea!!!

8 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this one....love pumpkin pie. Thanks for the picture of the crustless pumpkin pie. I will zoom in and nab the recipe. Have a safe trip to Wisconsin. I did see where they got snow up there over the weekend so dress warm!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made so many pumpkin pies last week, and wouldn't you know it, I never even had a taste!!!! He he...... I love your new cookbook, I can't seem to find those Gooseberry ones here..... !!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that sounds like a wonderful menu. I love Gooseberry Patch books. Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my post today. It is always nice to know you visited. I am working on the little houseshoes for the children. Hopefully, I'll have enough to send you soon. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna! Thanks for coming by! If you do make some pumpkins I would love to know how they turn out! I feel your pain about the heat. Everyone all over the country is drinking hot chocolate by now! We are going to have record temperatures this weekend. It's suppose to hit 100. Temps have been in the upper 80's for a couple of weeks. I should have known better than to think it had cooled down for good. We always have an Indian summer here. Take care and have a gteat week!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin pie myself. I've got a few recipes for pumpkin cookies on my blog that are to-die-for! I am also going to try this one: 1 box of spice cake mix and 16 oz. of pure pumpkin-- thats it. Sounds easy and tasty huh?
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gooseberry Patch and had forgotten all about them. I used to get a catalog every year and really enjoyed *dreaming* through each page. Crustless pumpkin pie sounds good to me. Enjoy Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Wadsworth's Blooming Ideas said...
    I love pumpkin pie, in fact it is the only pie I will eat:) Fruit pies not so much.

    I don't know about the weather in Wisconsin but here in Upper Michigan we had a few snowflakes on Sunday. I think it's coming early and we are going to be buried in snow by Thanksgiving.

    Hope you have a safe and warm trip:)

    Take care,
    Mary
    http://marywadsworthbloomingideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a delightful recipe. If only I could convince DH that not all pumpkin tastes bad. He won't go near it - says he's allergic. Anyway I doubt if we could buy canned pumpkin over here and the waistline surely doesn't need it. Enjoy it with your mum.

    Minimiss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna