January 27, 2018

I'm Stitching Again...

Work In Progress - Bluebell Nest
 
*ORIGINALLY WRITTEN FOR THURSDAY, BUT IT DIDN'T PUBLISH. sigh Let's try again. *

When we travel, I almost always take along a needlework project. It's portable, doesn't take up much room and doesn't require a lot of supplies. 

I traced out this design with a Frixion™ pen on the lightbox in my studio, and then mounted it to scroll frame bars. Then, I packed my needles and thread into my carry case to bring along on our trip to Florida.

Note: I only use the Frixion™ pens now on areas that will be covered by stitching, and only on light-colored fabrics. The pen leaves ghost lines on dark fabric, so I won't take a chance of that happening. 

On light colored fabrics, I cover the ink with my stitching, because there's always a chance the ink will reappear under colder temperatures. Otherwise, I use chalk pencils for most of my markings. I don't have to worry about them leaving marks or having the marks reappear.

Pattern - Kathy Schmitz' Bluebell Nest
 
This pattern is "Bluebell Nest" from Kathy Schmitz, and it's the last one I have to stitch before I go on to the next steps toward creating this quilt. 
I'll be working on it as we head back to the farm today, so we'll see how much I manage to finish while we travel.

Tag is home from the Emergency Clinic. He's on special food and antibiotics, and we're waiting to travel with him until Monday, just to be sure he's okay. He'll tell you all about it from his point of view next week. Thanks for your concern and kind wishes.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I recently began to embroider again and am finding the quality in thread is not as nice as I remember. Do you suggest a certain brand of thread over another. I am getting along okay and what I started doing was old seed corn bags with printing so pretty basic. Making pillows for kids next Christmas.
    Also, with Tag I know of several furbabies who became ill with breathing these essential oils that are the rave now. It seems to affect the smaller dogs. A friends dog was really sick and vet told her she is seeing this alot. Also, did anyone use Febreeze lately. That can be so lethal to small dogs and cats. I never have used it because my vet said stay away from it. Even with small children. I am so glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. Darling little Corgi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God Tag is feeling better. Stitching this will help you de-stress as the calmng effect of the needle and thread passing through the fabric is amazing. Be Safe and Stay Well My Friend...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise be Tag is home. He has been on my mind all day. I am sure you breathed a big sigh of relief when you left the clinic. Aren't we so blessed that clinics like that exit now? Give Tag some loving strokes for me.
    I too am a travel embroiderer. It is so easy to pick up and down. The other thing I do when traveling or have to take to waiting rooms is dishcloth knitting. I don't have to worry about where I am at in the pattern and can easily put it up or down and I prefer a knitted dishcloth over any other kind. Have a good Sunday Donna. Try to regroup and take it easy with your Tag boy.
    TerriSue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna