January 19, 2018

I'm Going To Summer School...

Royal School Of Needlework Image

 I can finally tell you about my HUGE news!
I'm going to be attending a five-day needlework course with the Royal School of Needlework!

These courses are usually taught at their school, located in Hampton Court Palace in England, but they also teach them at satellite schools in other locations, including the United States. I managed to get my name in before the class I wanted was filled, so I'll be attending their first-ever summer school in Lexington, Kentucky in July at the prestigious Sayre School.

Class Description

I'm registered to take this advanced embroidery class over the entire five days, and I can't wait. The raised work (including Stumpwork) is a technique I've longed to learn, so it really is a dream come true on so many levels.

My Tutor

This is the biography of my tutor (from the RSN website). I'm so looking forward to learning from one of the masters of needlework from the school. Our class sizes are limited as well. There will only be eleven other students in my group, so there will be plenty of time for individual instruction.

It's going to be an incredible experience, and although this particular course will not earn a diploma or certificate, I'll still walk away with a new learned technique. And, who knows...maybe somewhere down the line, I'll be able to take one of the certification courses. A girl can dream, right?

For now, I'm completely over the moon that I've managed to get into the course, and be part of this first-ever RSN Summer School Program. I haven't gone to summer school since taking elective courses as a kid. Now, almost 50 years later, I'm heading back to school...and it's going to be grand. Not only that, but I promise to take you with me! I'll be posting as much as I'm able while I'm in Lexington.

Until then, I'm going to make my plans (and perhaps a new project carrier to go with me), and when I can sleep (because I'm so darned excited!), I'll dream about this new adventure. I just couldn't wait one more day to tell you!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you!!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is sew very exciting and YOU will be the very best student ever! Congratulations Dear...xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna