January 26, 2018

I Think We Need A Do-Over...

Blue Pearl Veterinary and Emergency Clinic
We were all packed to leave yesterday morning to head back to the farm. Tag woke me up at 5 am with serious gastric distress. We thought, at first, that it was a single incident, but it continued, so we took him to the emergency clinic in Sarasota instead.

We got in immediately, whereupon he was subjected to all manner of tests. He had multiple accidents while we were in the exam room, so he was admitted for overnight treatment. They put him on supportive IVs, as he was quickly dehydrating, and we reluctantly left him there for the night.

Instead of arriving in Atlanta for the first leg of our trip home, we're back at our friends' in Bradenton until Monday morning, when we'll try to travel again. We want to be absolutely sure my boy is recovered before we depart.

Any good thoughts, prayers or get well wishes you might be inclined to lift for Tag are greatly appreciated. So far, this year isn't starting at all as I'd planned.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. Oh Donna I am Praying for Tag to be well. I know how helpless we feel when our fur-babies (or our children) are not well. Healing Energy for you all. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit concerned yesterday with no post from you dear Donna. All my thoughts prayers and love are going out to our boy Tag.Fastest recovery Tag let’s see you next week back on the farm.Lilly sends doggy kisses too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Hope he's better quickly - keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healing thoughts and prayers are on their way to Tag. Blessings to him and you/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers forTag & for you (& the vets too!). It's so hard when you have to leave them overnight. Praying for healing & for comfort while he's there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor baby! It's so hard when they're not 100%. Hope Tag is doing better today and will continue to recuperate. And you feel better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna!, Of course we will be praying. I hate it, and I do not use that word easily, when one of my babies is sick. They can't tell you what is wrong. The vet only has symptoms to work with. I never want to leave them because I feel like I am abandoning them. I want it to be like a pediatric floor of a hospital where they will just set up a recliner for me by the bed so I don't ever leave their side. I will pray hard tonight. I am just so sorry and concerned.
    TerriSue

    ReplyDelete
  8. So concerned to hear that Tag is so poorly. Such a worry for you. I hope he recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna