December 20, 2010

In Praise Of Angels...

Yesterday, I worked on my artist trading cards for the Blissfull ATC Swap group for December. I'm swapping with two different members this month. I always have so much fun making these tiny works of art, but sending them off in padded envelopes with a few extra surprises is always the best part.

I'm nearly finished with my first card. I have a few more touches to add and then I'll make the second one.
These angels are two of my favorite angel images. One, innocent and pure with her beautiful white wings, and the other, a medieval angel, playing music.
Do you remember last fall when I told you about losing the berry bowls I'd purchased from an antique shop in Wisconsin? I purchased them when I was there to help my mum stage her house to sell. I paid $2.50 for six of them, and was pretty proud of myself for scoring such a deal.

I got them home, washed them and put them away...and for over a year, I'd been unable to find them again. No memory whatsoever of where I'd put them. Until today. Perhaps the fact that I was working with angels had something to do with it. But, I wanted something pretty to photograph with the cards.

I opened one of my cupboard doors to grab a teacup from a top shelf. When I pulled the teacup down, I spied the edges of vaguely familiar, small dishes. Could it be? How could I have missed seeing them for so long? I got up on a stool, grabbed the little stack and held my breath. My berry bowls are missing no longer. What was lost is found. I'm going to give my angels all the praise for locating my pretty bowls.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you found your bowls !!! Those Angels helped, I just know it !!! Merry Christmas !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards! Glad you found your bowls! That is the most frustrating thing and I do it more often than I care to think about.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious angel cards...you always make such beautiful ATC cards.......these are are no exception!
    so happy you found the berry bowls.....good to know I am not alone in losing things....any idea where I stashed my passport?!!!!
    Hugs,
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your cards are always so beautiful...and small treasures to hold onto...

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Donna and the berry bowls are too so happy you found them isn't it so frustrating when things like that happen putting something somewhere you'll remember....right!
    Hugz friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hearing stories of lost and found with happy endings! Those bowls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna,
    I can't tell you how many times I've done that same thing, & yes I do think the angels were working for you. When I lose something I say a prayer to st. Anthony, finder of lost souls.
    Dear saint Anthony please come down,
    Somethings lost & can't be found.
    If you find it, give it to me,
    Oh how happy I will be.
    I hope you & the family have a very merry Christmas my sweet friend. May all your wishes come true!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your angel ATCs are just beautiful. Ah the wonder of where did I put ???. Always to be found later in that special "very safe place". Angels help us everyday of our lives. Happy Holly Jolly Joy to you Miss Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That are some lucky girls who are gonna get your ATC's. I still have one standing in a cupboard in the living room (in sight ofcourse).
    What a funny storyy about forgetting those dishes. I tell you, it could have been me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, I could have used your angels earlier this evening to find my car keys. I finally found them laying by my tea towel and embroidery thread that I was working on last night, but I sure couldn't find them this morning. I always enjoy looking at your cards you make. Merry Christmas from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have done the same thing, put something somewhere and I don't remember where, and months later, I find them! Glad you found yours!
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hark the herald angels sing, "your bowls are in the cupboard Donna!" hee,hee,hee.
    Ok, ok, I couldn't help myself. :)

    Love your ATC!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna