December 2, 2010

Fezzik Friday - 25 Weeks...

Hi, Everyone! It's me again. It took nearly TEN weeks, but I finally did it! I won over Miss Kes. I'm exceedingly proud of myself. I was starting to think I smelled funny or something. Every time I'd walk into a room and try to be friendly with her, she'd get up and leave the room.

When she got sick, I was a really good dog and let her know that I was concerned about her. I think that was our turning point. After her stitches came out, she started to pay a little more attention to me.

Two nights ago, she let me sleep with her. It was my first night out of the kennel all night, too. Mom was really happy with me. I just slept on this blanket next to Mom's side of the bed and made little woofy noises every now and then, so she knew I was still there (and not roaming around the house getting into trouble).
Yesterday, Kes and I even had a wrestling match. Who knew that horsing around with a Labrador could be so much darn fun? We were at it so long that we both took a nap when we were finished playing. This could be habit forming.
I found out something else I like doing this week, too. Dad was working in the yard, trimming up some of the grass. When he was finished he got out this thing. It's makes a lot of noise and blows air out the pointy end. If I stand right in front of it, my fur blows and I look like a show dog! We even played a little game. I'd stand in front of it for a little while, and then I run around and come back for more. I'm really starting to like this place. Mom and Dad (and now, Kes) really are my family now. I guess I'm just their kinda guy.
Mom asked if I'd share just a little of my Friday post space to show you the project that she finished yesterday. I watched as she worked on this, and I'd like to tell you - she really can make cool things with old bedspreads!
This is the back of it. She says it's going to be a Christmas present for a special little girl. I think that little girl is going to like it, don't you?

One last thing...
Today is Mom's Birthday!
I made her a present.
It's in the yard.
(Sorry. Kes told me to write that.)
Happy Birthday, Mom.
Love,
Fezzik (and Kes)

23 comments:

  1. Dee, Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!! I am so lame, I thought it was tomorrow!!!! I really need to write things down!!!
    Fez is just the cutest puppy and what a trooper Kes is to let him play around her!!!!!
    I am wishing you the happiest of birthdays my sweet friend, I do wish I was closer......what a surprise that would be to show up for your party, a day late, that's about my speed!!!!!!
    Have a truly wonderful time!
    Love ya!
    Mags
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! At last Friends...Fez and Kes I amso happy for you two...what a special bond you will have soon..

    and mom..what an adorable litel dress....for a equally adorable little girl I am sure...

    and oh yeah before I forget

    Happy Birthday Miss Donna..I so hope you have a splendid day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday! I believe birthday's should be special and celebrated all month long! Prayers and blessings to you for the best birthday and the best year! That Fezzik is just so cute and sweet and adorable! I am so happy Kes has come around and excepted him. It takes awhile sometimes, but who could not love Fez?! Have a wonderful day, dear Donna! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    So glad Kes finally warmed up to the puppy. He is getting cuter all the time. Amazing how a puppy can pep up an older dog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, have wonderful birthday. Loving the little coat/dress, who knew a bedspread could look to good.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Donna. I do hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post, doggie bliss at last, firm friends now.
    I love old candlewick bedspreads, but I never thought of making garments with them, what a fab idea!
    Last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Donna! Happy Birthday to you!!! And many more!!! (Boy am I glad you can't really hear me singing this early in the morning.)

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fez
    Tell your mommy to have a happy day for me, please.

    I am so glad that you have made a doggy friend finally. Mom and dads are great, but you have to feel like you are part of the pack, huh.

    Yep, your mom is sure creative and your dad, well, he sure came up with a cool game, didn't he.

    Now go give your mom a big slurpy birthday kiss, right after you get that nice drink of water, K?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Donna! Have a wonderful day. Fezzik and Kes - give Mom a kiss and lots of love!

    Fezzik, I knew it was just a matter of time until Kes came round. Glad you two are pals now!

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Donna! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with bright surprises.
    It is so sweet to see what great friends you and Kes have become Fez. There is nothing that can replace a good bosom buddy...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Donna...!!!
    I had an old lab named Glacier who took forever to accept a new Siberian puppy Zorro that we had adopted...it took forever & lots of time for Glacier to let Zorro into her heart. Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Happy Birthday!!

    And the pups look so adorable together, glad they are finally friends :) Looks like lots of fun times ahead.

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes it is your mom's birthday today. I actually remembered it and wanted to come by and say Happy Birthday to her.
    Tell your mom her friend Maggie is loosing her mind because when I first started reading this funny post I thought she was writing it and I could not understand why Kes was not having anything to do with her and then when she said Kes let her sleep with her for the first time I thought why would Donna sleep with Kes Shouldn't it be the other way around.
    Oh well it took be a while but I figured it out. Darn it's hard being old. Of course that is not what your mom is just because she has a birthday today. lol'
    I truly love your mom and hope it is the best Birthday ...oh how could I forget to tell you this. today is My oldest son Chad's birthday too. I can see now how these two were born on the same day their both so kind and generous.
    Love
    Maggie
    What did you leave in the yard for your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Official Birthday today to you Miss Donna. Fez you are a fine young man dog and I am so glad you are loving your new family. You do know how fortunate you are to be part of this loving family! Kes you are such a good girl to allow Fez to fit into your family. Have a wonderful day doing your favorite things Donna.
    P.S. The chenille top is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Donna! I do hope that you got some other presents than were left for you in the yard! :o)

    I had to laugh at the leaf blower thing. My dog loves if I blow him with the hair dryer and will bark until I do. Funny what our little pets like.

    Again, have a wonderful Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mom is one smart lady! And I'm glad you feel like family. Sometimes it takes the other pets awhile to come around.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday to you!!!!! Hope all your dreams come true today. By the way, those photos of Kes and Fezzik are too adorable. How lovely that they are now FRIENDS! How could anyone not adore that little cutie. :) That dress you made is so cute and sweet - I'm sure it will be a well loved addition to a little girl's wardrobe. Enjoy your day! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna, what a sweet little dress. Thanks for sharing your creativity. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry I missed your B-day.. I love your dog stories.. Makes me smile..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry I missed your B-day.. I love your dog stories.. Makes me smile..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad your birthday was good. Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.
    Ok..fez with the blower is just so darn funny I can't stand it!!! Looks like a show dog. hee,hee,hee. Love it!
    You know I'm still envious that you can make clothes. You rock!
    Love ya girlfriend,
    shell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna