September 22, 2009

Another Sweet Surprise And My Next Project...

I was so wonderfully surprised today to receive another gift in the mail! I recently participated in a stitch marker swap with some of my grandma friends. I knew that my swap partner had been burned before and so I wanted to make sure that she was really pampered this time.

I found out that she collects tea pots, so I found a special one for her in an antique shop in Wisconsin, and then I found the perfect little tea cup charms to make her stitch markers. I added a few other little goodies for her, and then sent off her package anxiously anticipating her reaction. Of course, I was not disappointed, and neither was she. Her posts in our group were above and beyond complimentary. I was thrilled that she loved all of her gifts.

She went out of her way to thank me on our site, so you can imagine how surprised I was to open an envelope from her today and find a perfect tiny sock she had knitted and made into a key chain for me! Isn't it just the sweetest thing? I really love it. How lucky am I? Thank you again, Fran. How thoughtful and kind of you.

I finished my sweater knitting. Now I have to assemble it, and then crochet the edge on the body of it. I'll photograph it to share with you yet this week. I just wanted to show you what I've started as my newest (knitting) project.

Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in a dreamy, sky blue. A shawl pattern by Mac n' Me. No rush to finish. It won't take long to knit. Moss stitch for eight rows, then the first and last eight stitches of each row in moss stitch with the rest done in stockinette stitch. I want it to be a lovely warm wrap that I can toss over my shoulders on our cool Florida winter nights. You can always track my progress in my "Currently On My Needles" Flickr album.
JoySignatureBROWNSM

2 comments:

  1. Oh the socky is adorable..lucky lady...sounds like a very fun swap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts you sent your friend. I am so jealous that you can knit like that. It's something I've always wished I could do but I don't want to start it. I just have to love your stuff.


    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna