May 18, 2015

Tuesdays With Tag - Bella (No) Flops...

Hi, Everybody!
I'm a little busy with swimmin' lessons this week, so 
I'm gonna talk while I teach if ya don't mind too much.

Bella's doin' pretty good in my pool. She's jumpin' right in and
comin' along on her dog paddles. She doesn't bella belly flop, either!
You'd think she's part duck.
When you're a little dog, the whole pool is the deep end.
She's not afraid to swim the length of the pool at all!
Sometimes I swim out to meet her...
but I like to keep my distance. Once in a while, she wants to ride on my back.
I don't like that at all, so I bark at her. Guess what? She barks right back at me!
I think she's pretty sassy.
Most of the time, she stays away from me now. (I think she got the message.)

You can't see it very well, but in this picture, Bella decided she wanted to fetch
the pool thermometer. It's a floaty shark and it's not easy to catch at all.
I know better than to mess with the pool stuff like that, but she's just a puppy...
and a retriever at that. Fetchin' is in her blood, so she doesn't even understand 
what makes her chase after stuff like this. It's better if I just stay back and watch.
Yay, Bella!
(Her first water retrieve!)
Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I got more lessons to teach Bella.
("Not grabbin' my neck ruff" bein' top of the list!) I'll see if I can get Mom to
record one of our swimmin' sessions in the next week so you can see us both
in the pool. I'm pretty proud of how fast Bella's pickin' up on my techniques!
 
I'll see you again in seven! 'til then...
"Keep Your Nose To The Wind
and The Sunshine On Your Tail"

6 comments:

  1. How fun.
    When Boscoe came to live with us, Tyson was about 5 months old and B learned fast to take cover and dart out from under the end table to play. He used to run under T. Now they are full grown and B outweighs T by 30 pounds but it's funny how they each know their limit and never hurt each other. I have always felt that each dog should have a companion so we have always had at least 2 dogs.

    They sure keep us entertained, don't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Tag...if you only knew what was coming. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun Tag to see you and Bella enjoying the pool. You are a very good teacher for Bella. She is lucky to have you for her Big Brother! Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag, you are a wonderful big brother. You and Miss Heidi are so patient with your new siblings. We had a great visit from pretty Miss Arabelle yesterday and she sends kisses. Seems like so long ago since our fun afternoon in Williamsburg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tag,
    It's hard to see in these pictures but it appears that your eye is all healed. I surely hope so. It looks like Bella is becoming a little more fun to have around. Is she still eating your mom and dad out of house and home? Bitabit is still resenting her diet. She has become ingenious at stealing things. Now when something goes missing the first place we look is her crate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are two of the luckiest dogs in the world! It warms my heart to see such well-loved puppies!

    From a Happy Home to two Mini Schnauzers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna