March 27, 2014

I Love Pineapples...

 I love the fruit and the quilt blocks!
 It all began when I learned about this great Creative Grids™ Pineapple 
Trim Tool from my friend, Pam at Crazy Quilters. She kept posting 
blocks on her FaceBook page and saying how easy it was to create the 
blocks using it. I purchased my own tool and set it aside until last night.

When I saw Pam yesterday, she gave me a quickie lesson in its use and
I couldn't wait to try it myself as soon as I got back home from the shop.
Once in the studio, I decided to use some of the batik "Bali Pops" from
my stash. I chose an assortment of blues from Hoffman and then picked 
an appropriate pineapple-yellow batik as the focus fabric. I was anxious to
create my first block, so I started sewing while Handsome was at rehearsal.
This block was my very first effort and there will be many to follow.
Each block will feature a light batik and various blue batiks from the
same Bali Pop assortment, but all of them will feature the same 
cheerful yellow. This tool really helps create a block that looks much
more difficult than it really is. I'll have to thank Pam next time I see her!

 I'll be playing in the studio today if anyone is looking for me.
DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. I've always thought those blocks looked so awesome, yet complicated. Your block looks great and I am really looking forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, i love your Pineapple block too! Very crisp & clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been impressed by pineapple blocks. I too will get to this one one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is just beautiful. Your color choices are amazing. Anxious to see more of this beauty. Have a good day in the studio...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the things I could learn from you! Your fabrics and colors you have chosen are beautiful for this pineapple block. I have never seen this tool and certainly have no idea how you create with it. Blissful Studio Time Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. I just read a tutorial on foundation paper piecing pineapples. The preprinted foundation pieces were $1 apiece which seems like a lot. In my non-existent free time, I think I'll give this ruler a shot. But it's like number eleventy -nine on the to do list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pineapple! Thanks for explaining the tool...very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous block. I love the black, white and yellow. I have always wanted to make a pineapple quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am well impressed! Pineapple blocks!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna