January 21, 2010

A Gift To Dream On...

I was in Michael's last week and came across this beautiful book box. It was exactly what I was looking for! (Remember, I told you a couple of days ago that I'm the wedding planner for an upcoming wedding.) I wanted to give this new bride a collage of colors and items that I'm planning to use for her wedding to her Mr. Dreamboat. This bride is wonderful as she's leaving all the planning in my hands. How often does that happen?

I love the sentiment on the front of the book box. It says, "True Love is a friendship set on fire". Perfect words for this couple as they've only known each other forever. The theme for their wedding is "At Last".
When they open the box, they'll see my vision for their special day. A beach wedding in colors of the sky and sea. White and aqua ribbon roses, sparkling gems to mimic the shimmer of the ocean - and the love light in their eyes, the fabric for their attendant's dress, and seashells that will be the theme for their dinner table. The bride's dress is going to be flowing layers of white organza or chiffon, accented with ribbon roses (which I really love creating!). I'm going shopping for the fabric very soon. The wedding is April 17th, so there'll be no dawdling on this project.

Between now and their wedding day, I hope the bride and Mr. Dreamboat love this gift to dream on.
JoySignatureBROWNSM
If you're new to my blog, you can always click on my photos to enlarge them. I will be posting photos of the dresses and wedding, as they're available, for you to see!

9 comments:

  1. Donna...what a awesome way to present this to them...your special thoughtfulness is so stricking to me...I love it and want to be more like it...

    you have kindness in your heart and it shows thru your works...

    cannot wait to see what you do for thier special day...great book

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are ridiculously lucky to have you as their planner, that's all I have to say about it! :-)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, April 17th is not that far away, but after seeing how you got those Christmas gifts made, I have all the faith in the world in your ability to plan one of the most beautiful weddings ever! It looks like you are off to a wonderful start and I hope they know how lucky they are to have you. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo, this is looking exciting. April 17 is plenty of time for a woman of your talents. I'm sure it's going to be a fantastically planned day. They'll love it.

    Have fun.

    Minimiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazingly creative (and relaxed). I can't wait to see pictures of your progress.

    Have fun!

    Lucy
    www.farmersattic.com
    www.farmersattic.blogspot.com
    www.lucy43g.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is absolutely beautiful!

    they are very lucky indeed!

    troy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so romantic. I can vision them having a beautiful day for their special. I do hope you post pictures of the dresses and other pictures of the day if your bride does not mind. Doesn't it give you a great feeling to plan this special day. take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is going to be a wonderful wedding! You know you are loved and trusted when they leave everything up to you. How special!
    yf,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, what a busy time in your life!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna