September 27, 2009

Quilt Top Accompli'...

Brynwood Needleworks - Garden Magic Quilt Top (pre-longarm)

I finished my quilt top on Sunday. It's a perfect size for our queen-size guest bed. I'll still need to sandwich the top, batting and backing together, and then I'll be able to mount it onto a frame and do the machine quilting. Last stage will be binding, and my goal is to have that step (and then the quilt) done very soon.

For anyone interested, this fabric line was called Garden Magic from Blackbird Designs for Moda. I really like the quaintness of it. Sweet flowers and patterns, along with a nice selection of colors, but not too girly that a guy would be offended. Oh, the fabrics are very soft, too!

Handsome is particularly smitten with this quilt-in-progress. He thinks the finished quilt will make a comfy cover-up for an occasional afternoon nap. I think he's right.

So, I'm feeling very accomplished for this week already. Let's see what reveals itself as the week progresses, shall we?
JoySignatureBROWNSM

4 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I love those fabrics too. I went to an outdoor quilt show last weekend and post it on my blog, if you care to look. There was so many different quilts. I spent hours just looking. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love quilts... gorgeous is the first word that came to mind... you did a fantastic job... looks beautiful on your bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is gorgeous! I really like Moda fabrics! Hopefully seeing this picture will inspire me to get to some of my unfinished quilts. I must have more than 30 of them, calling to me everyday. LOL Right now I am trying to finish up two Alice in Wonderful tag swaps that I am in. Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna