Thanks to an unexpected printer failure, I ended up with a last minute trip to town to find a print business who would run my images through on my printable fabric (and a piece of card stock). Four places disappointed me (one out of business; one on its last leg requiring a passcode to enter and no door attendant to know I was outside; and two were closed on Fridays).
Thankfully, there's still an actual print shop open in town on Fridays, and they were able to accommodate my needs. With my printed quilt label and brooch insert in hand, I drove home to put the finishing touches on the quilt and get both gifts wrapped.
The party was lovely and the nearly newlyweds (who hadn't planned to open gifts at their hostess' home) humored Grandma by opening their packages so I could see their reactions.
They especially loved the quilt label, and then showed me their new quilt does, in fact, cover them both, which will be perfect for movie night cuddling.
I loved seeing their reaction to the brooch I made. Granddaughter immediately said it will be affixed to her bouquet for the ceremony.
Equally gratifying were the questions about its construction from her groom and his best man! I gave them a short explanation - you know, just enough not to bore the pants off 'em - and then accepted grateful hugs from the kids.
Grandpa, Uncle and I left shortly after and drove an hour back home. I can say, without equivocation, that every hour I spent creating the brooch and quilt were well-spent. Their reactions affirmed that.
Their wedding is only fifteen days away, so now I can turn my attention to what I'm going to wear to the wedding, and spend the rest of the time relaxing. Definitely no deadlines for a while.




They look very happy with your gifts, well worth your time.
ReplyDeleteNothing better than handmade gifts from the heart.
Marilyn
Hi Marilyn-
DeleteI awoke to a normal Saturday morning today. No deadlines or projects screaming at me to get finished. The party was lovely last night. Sixty people were invited! The hostess' home is lovely and accommodated the whole crowd. Handsome's brother leaves for his own gathering in Milwaukee this afternoon, so the farmhouse will be back to the usual suspects by this evening. BIL gets together with old school mates every few years. They come from all over the country to hang out for a few days. He'll head back to Maine after visiting his granddaughter who lives in NJ, but is now enrolled at UW-Madison. He'll fly home on Tuesday. I'll be able to catch up with all my blog correspondence now...with Craft Day tomorrow instead of a Saturday. I'm going to get some real "slothing" in before early morning work on Monday. I think we're caught up for now, girlfriend. Enjoy your weekend.
xo
Donna
Love the photo of the groom's interest in the brooch. That just says it all.
ReplyDeleteCraft day already.
Shirley
How lovely to be able to see their reactions to your special gifts. I know you came home with a huge smile on your face.
ReplyDelete