Jan gave me a gift last time we were together. It's a Harry Potter crochet kit! This one includes the patterns and materials to make my very own Harry Potter!
According to the back of the box (I haven't opened it yet), also included are instructions and materials for Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, Voldemort, Ginny, Dobby the house elf, The Sorting Hat, Hedwig, Norbert the Dragon, and student robes/scarves.
I admit I'm only slightly disappointed that the crochet hook doesn't resemble a wand, but I'm sure these will be fun when I get to them.
There's a 30% off sticker on the front of the box from Target, so my keen deductive mind is going to conclude that's where Jan found this gift (in case any of my crochet friends want a set for themselves).
I think it might be fun to work on these when Handsome and I have another Potter marathon when I'm recuperating from my knee replacement this fall. Of course, not right away, as the meds might make for some deformed characters. (ya think?)
Nevertheless, I's a fun gift from one Potter fan to another, and it will be fun to work with yarn again. Thanks, sis!



Very cool!! I'd love receiving this as a gift too.
ReplyDeleteHi MA-
DeleteIt was definitely a fun surprise!
xo
Donna
What a lovely gift.
ReplyDeleteI do crochet but I've never attempted these cute small things.
I don't knit, just could not get the hang of the two hands going at the same time.
And I think that crochet has seen a surge in popularity again.
I had to sharpen some knives today to cut through the humidity.
I just know I'll be complaining about the wind chill some day soon??
Shirley
Hi Shirley-
DeleteI learned to knit from my mum as a child and then forgot about it for many years. Mom Grace taught me to crochet, and then helped me read patterns and fine tune my knitting after I became a grandma in 2001. I also knit with a wonderful group of women in Florida when we first moved there, and made many fast friends through them as a newcomer who knew no one. I set it aside in favor of embroidery lately, but will likely get back to it over the winter. I love your visual about the heat. I'm truly ready for fall. Milder temps and warm sweaters are more my style. I hope the heat breaks soon for you.
xo
Donna
My college daughter has been making all these small items too. My husband just 3d printed her some crochet hook sleeves that look like Harry Potter wands. I’m not too sure how comfortable they are to use, but if you’d like to try I’ll have him print whatever size you need and send them your way.
ReplyDeletehttps://makerworld.com/en/models/1891764-harry-potter-crochet-hook-wand-handles#profileId-2026528
Andrea Hickman
Hi Andrea:
DeleteHow wonderful that would be!! Let me see what size I need, and I'll definitely check out your link!! Thank you so much, dear!
xo
Donna
That will be so cute!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
Hi Marilyn-
DeleteI agree!
xo
Donna