August 15, 2026

Never Goodbye...

Friday Crew. Front: Isobel, Ashley, Molly, Kim, Tina
Back: Max, Chloe, me, Brandon.(missing: MJ) 

Yesterday was my boss, Kim's last day at our station. She received a great offer from a large chain of stations and decided to take it.

I've known Kim since she was six, and I love her dearly. I originally started working at the station to help her out when she was short staffed. I said I'd stay on until she could get reliable help. That was two and a half years ago.

Now she's on to a new adventure and I'm still there. I'm going to stay to help Mona who was there before Kim or I. Mona worked for the previous owners, but she doesn't want to be a manager. Even so, she knows all the workings of the job and she's really indispensable. I'm changing my work schedule at her request to help with some of her duties and her fall schedule.

I'll be having my second knee replacement in October, and will be off until I've finished another round of physical therapy. Until then, I'll do my best to help Mona until a new manager is hired. 

I know Kim and I will keep in touch. Her folks are friends of Handsome and me, and we've all been friends outside this job. While everyone else was tearful and saying their goodbyes, I was the one hugging Kim and cheering her on.

This is an exciting new chapter for her. I can't wait to hear all about it!

 

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna