August 17, 2026

Veggie Days...

I received this beautiful box of goodness from Dawn and Pete yesterday and will be processing them into stewed tomatoes (with the addition of onions and fresh basil. Why the delay?

Because I received nearly forty ears of fresh-off-the plants sweet corn from our neighbor Earl on Saturday. Handsome helped me shuck most of it, while I stripped the golden goodness off the cobs.

By late afternoon, we had fifteen pints cooling (with lids popping) on the counter. Of course, we had fresh corn on the cob with dinner both Saturday and Sunday nights, too. There's really nothing better.

Of course, no money changes hands.  I'll be taking fresh-baked pecan rolls to both of them during the week. That's how it's done between neighbors in farming country.

Happy Monday, friends!

 

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna