August 3, 2026

Pizza Sauce...


I had four quarts of tomatoes left in our freezer and decided to use them for homemade pizza sauce. I left them to thaw overnight, and yesterday morning, not only were they ready, but all the excess water from the tomatoes easily drained off.

I removed the cores and skins, and then put the tomato "meat" in my small electric roaster. I added chopped onion, and added garlic, fresh basil leaves, Italian seasoning, and two twelve ounce jars of my homemade Rotel to liven it up a bit.

Once in the roaster, I set the temperature and let it cook down for a couple hours. When it was ready, I put 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice in each jar and filled them with my pizza sauce. Into the water bath canner for twenty five minutes, once the water is at a hard boil, and it's shelf-stable until we need it.

Now, we have more pizza sauce to refill what we've been using. I'll share stitching progress photos tomorrow, but had to share these beautiful jars first.

 

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna