![]() |
| Monarch Front |
I've finally released the butterfly from its hoop. First I used an awl to open small holes so I could insert each wing part.
After each wing section was inserted, I turned to hoop over and stitched the wires to the back side of the body. I added a small bend near the end of the wire and continued to secure them so the wings couldn't be pulled out. I repeated this four times, securing all wing sections.
![]() |
| Monarch Back |
Once the wings were attached, I cut the fabric away from the hoop, leaving enough extra to wrap around and secure the new body form inside.
This photo shows the back after I finished sewing the fabric around the form. I'm a bit chuffed that the stitching on the back of my wings mirrors the front, making the wings look more realistic.
![]() |
| Closeup of Monarch Body |
As you can see in this closeup, I haven't stitched the back of the body detail to cover all the fabric yet. It's really fiddly to hold the body in my hand while I complete this embroidery phase, so I admit, once I enclosed the body form, I took a break for the rest of the day.
All I have left to do is that detail stitching, and adding the legs! I'll share photographs once my Monarch is ready for takeoff!




0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!
Blessings, Donna