August 26, 2026

I Love The 'Ber Months...

Image via Handmade Treasures by Jan

My youngest sister, Jan has a lovely group on Facebook - "Handmade Treasures by Jan" - as well as her "Treasure Trove of Gratitude" group. You may want to check them out.

Jan shared this image she created and I loved it. The 'ber months really are my favorites. To me they signify the earth preparing for rest after a productive spring and summer season. 

I'm especially looking forward to this year. I still have canning to do this season, and it's much more enjoyable when it's cooler outside. I'll fill the pantry in preparation for the winter ahead, and when the snow flies, Handsome and I can stay safely tucked in the farmhouse with the girls.

This year is especially exciting for us as our elder granddaughter is getting married in October. She's our first grandchild to "tie the knot". We love her fiancé, and can't wait to celebrate their new beginning.

How do you feel about autumn? Are you a fan or not?

PS. Sorry I'm behind on responding to comments. I promise to catch up soon!

4 comments:

  1. The artwork is so warm and cozy, perfectly reflecting the feel of the "ber" months! Congratulations on "adding a grandson"! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jan's creation, & yes, I also love the "Ber" months.
    I don't care if it's still August, I am getting my Fall decorations out today.
    Enough of Summer!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! I can always find a cozy way to warm up when it is cold but cannot find a way to cool off without having to "hibernate" inside for months until the 100 degree temps go away. --Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love hate for the 'ber' months - I love the fall colours and the cooler temps (within reason). But...it means it leads into the dreaded winter and that I dread more and more every year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna