August 10, 2026

I Baked...

The weather was mild, the breezes came through the open windows of the farmhouse, and it was a perfect day to bake. 

I made six loaves of bread, and sixteen more caramel pecan rolls. Fear not. Most of them left the farmhouse late yesterday to share with our neighbors. A few remained - to be enjoyed judiciously.

After all the dishes were washed and put away (thank you, Handsome), I pulled a jar of chicken soup/pot pie filling I canned a few months ago. I thickened it with my homemade chicken gravy mix, and made a crust specifically developed for meat pies. We had a homemade chicken pot pie for dinner. I do love having simple and tasty options at the end of a busy day. 

Today, I'm going to the blood bank to donate for a friend who needs a transfusion. Did you know you're allowed to request donations for upcoming procedures? All you need to do is plan ahead so the donations are received within a time frame that keeps them viable for the date of your procedure.

As I'm a "universal donor", they asked if I'd help by making a donation. I haven't donated since we lived in Florida, and I was happy to help, so off I go this morning to do my part.

I'll have the rest of the day to do as I please, plus Handsome has rehearsal tonight. I may even work on the monarch again!

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum, all of that bakery looks delicious!
    How thoughtful of you to donate for a friend.
    Hope you can work on the Monarch.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy-looking goodness and I know the smell was divine.
    I used to give blood all the time but once you go on any sort of medication they don't seem to want it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect kitchen picture. Yum! I love that your baked good pictures smell so good in my brain 😆. Remember to hydrate after your good deed. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this is what some 'maintenance time' and a bit of a breeze will do for you.
    Everything looks so good and dinner sounds great.
    The rest of the day sounds pretty good too.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna