Handsome drove me to my appointment at the blood bank yesterday. We went to the drive-in near home on the way back, too. After donating a pint, I needed something to eat, and he was ready for a meal, too.
The cool part is that when we stopped at the drive-in, we ran into the friend for whom I made the directed blood donation! He told me more than once how much he appreciated that I'd done that for him. Handsome and I have been friends with him and his family for about forty five years. There was never a question that I would help if I could.
When we got home, I drank lots of water to "refill my tank", and I was really tired, so I went upstairs and took what turned into a four hour nap. I didn't fight it either, knowing I work again today.
We're going to vote in our Wisconsin primary before my shift begins, and then I'll be on my feet for most of the next six hours. I'm pretty sure I'll be zonked out in my chair within an hour of getting out of my work duds and into something more comfy. I'm actually looking forward to it.
What's on your agenda today?


How thoughtful of you to donate for a friend.
ReplyDeleteToday I am going to hopefully my last Ortho appointment, well, for a long while, I hope.
4 surgeries is quite enough.
Marilyn
Hi Marilyn-
DeleteI'm so happy for you!!! Yippee!! I agree. Four is enough.
Hugs,
xo
Donna
Bless you for doing this for your friend - I know he's very appreciative to know he's getting 'good' blood.
ReplyDeleteHi MA-
DeleteThank you, dear. I know he really appreciates it.
Hugs,
Donna
Aww, what a sweet treat to run into your friend right after... and I agree with "MA"... it's really nice to know where the good stuff is coming from! Rest well this evening!
ReplyDeleteHi Lois-
DeleteIt really was. Thanks, girlfriend. Work was arduous today. I'm sitting with my feet up right now. Probably early to bed tonight, too.
xo
Donna
You are such a great friend.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Hi Shirley-
DeleteThank you, dear.
xo
Donna