October 2, 2021

My Sewing Studio...

Brynwood Needleworks - Sewing Studio
 
I'm going to call this cleaning process mostly "done" for now. I actually have clear surfaces (tables and floors), so it's my Happy Place again.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Sewing Studio
 
This large tote ( as well as the smaller one on the floor) in front of my studio door is filled with items I'm going to share, either through sale, donation or gift. I'll be doing more with it next week, but for now, it's in the sewing studio so I can photograph them and get measurements. (I have a second, filled tote in the hallway.)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Sewing Studio

I have orders that came in yesterday that I'll create to ship on Monday, and then I'll get back to the other project I've been working on (more purple!).

Today, I'm going to meet one of my dad's cousins I'm not sure I've met in person before. I met her son at Dad's Celebration of Life last summer. He and I have kept in touch since. Last week, he invited me to his mom's home for a visit. He thought I'd enjoy meeting her and then watching the video together that I created for Dad's memorial, so I could explain to her who appeared in the video and perhaps the events that inspired the images. I'm looking forward to it.
 
When Dad was still alive and before he got sick, he used to drive the half hour from his home to hers, and then take her out to lunch. It will be nice to speak with someone who was my dad's contemporary and hear her stories of him. I think this would make Dad very happy.
 
I'm going to stop and order new prescription glasses on this trip, too. I had an eye appointment last week, and my Rx changed slightly. The frames that held my last pair of progressive lens fell apart, so I've been wearing my bifocals. I swear, I almost fall down the stairs wearing them, and there's no good mid-distance viewing area if I'm out shopping (or using my computer). I need to get back to my progressive lenses for my own safety! 

All in all, I know it's going to be a great day for a drive up the Fox River Valley. I'll try to remember to take pictures to share.
DonnaAcornSignature

10 comments:

  1. Look at all of that sewing goodness in your Studio!
    Have a great time with your Dad's cousin today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I could still do more, but I'll work on those things in baby steps. My back and knee couldn't handle much more "intense" work for now.
      It was a lovely visit today. My heart is full.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. You are a very organized lady! What a fun place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary:
      I think I could still benefit from the talents of a professional organizer, but it's good for now. It really is one of my happy places.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Your “woman cave” looks so well organized. Enjoy your visit today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      That's cute! I heard a woman refer to her spaces as a play on words for menopause, or something similar related to menopause. Dang! I wish I could remember it! When I do, I'll come back and share it. I laughed out loud when I first read it years ago. I'll keep trying...
      Had a great visit! Can't wait to share more. Even got a photo!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Your studio looks amazing - so much inspiration everywhere you look.
    I hope you have some means of recording your visit with your cousin? It would be lovely to have that in years to come (spoken as a person who loves delving into family history and would love to have had the capability to record family members who are now gone).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks, dear. I love having my "things" around me, but every once in a while I get to feeling a bit claustrophobic. There's still more I could do but for now, it's going to stay this way.
      Time flew this afternoon. Pens flying over paper as we shared family tree information, and told stories. Next time, I'll remember to record our visit. Dad's cousin is delightful, and she's only a few months younger than him. They even went to the same high school together! Will share more in my Monday post.
      Enjoy your Sunday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Such a special day you will have. Making memories…especially family memories are Priceless. You know I always have love for your creative spaces. I hope you see Autumn colors during your drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      It was wonderful. So much information and shared experiences. We'll definitely continue getting together. The drive was lovely, and yes...our trees are beginning to turn, so it was beautiful (and warm!) today.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna