September 14, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Creaky Bones...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart - September 2021
 
 Hi, Everybody!

It's been a dark and stormy week. (HA! Not really, but I've always wanted to say that.)

Okay, I'll quit pullin' your leg and get right to it. I'm mostly borin' this week, 'cuz Mom has been extra busy, so I mostly shadow her around all day. One thing she made time for was to give me a good brushin' and cuttin' off my toes. She's actually got a bit smart about it, too. 
 
She started doin' my back toes first, which I really didn't mind. Then, she did my front toes. Even though I gave her a little grief, she was up to speed by the time she finished my back ones, so she was PDQ (pretty darn quick) about the front ones. Before I even knew it, it was cookie reward time!

Brynwood Needleworks - Dog Age Chart via Eukanuba

Mom asked me if I'd share this with you this week. You know she's been a little concerned about my health. Did I tell you she put me on a diet? sheesh I guess I've gained a few pounds over my fightin' weight, so she said I had to lose three pounds. I knew what that meant. She'd still give me an occasional treat durin' the day, but she's cut my twice-daily rations by two tablespoons each meal! It's been awful.
 
I know that doesn't sound like much to you, but when a guy only gets a half cup at each meal, a couple tablespoons is a bunch! Last time she weighed me, I'd already lost a pound! I'm gettin' back to my optimum fightin' weight, or at this rate, I'll waste away to nothin'!
 
So, if you look at the chart from Eukanuba™ above, and you look across from 10-11 years old to the first column. I'm in that weight range. (It's kilograms, but Mom looked that up.) I'm 33 pounds, which equals 14.98 kilograms. I'm almost sixty years old in human years! No wonder I'm feelin' a little achy in my bones. Pretty soon, I'll catch up to Mom!

So, if you have a puppersnapper, you might be interested in how old your pet is in human years. Bella is middle age. Six years old equals about forty two years old, and Carly is almost fourteen years old in human years. Teenagers! hee hee

The girls and I have to start thinkin' about how we're gonna dress up for Halloween. It's about six weeks away, and we have to tell Mom how we wanna dress up. We want to be especially stylish this year. 
 
How are you dressin' up this year? Don't tell me if you don't trick or treat. I know you're at least handin' out treats, so tell me what you're handin' out this year. Inquirin' minds wanna know! 
 
Anyhow, that's all I've got for this week. Not to excitin', I know, but informative, for sure, right? Mom said it's a good thing she doesn't have a chart for people...especially the weight part. She really appreciates that! Gotta run. Don't worry. I'll definitely be back.
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to diet Tag, but it will be better for your health.
    We don't get trick or treaters here.
    We live on a circle, but no one comes back here, it's on the edge of town.
    But, I DO buy a bag of candy, just in case! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Yeah. Diets stink! We don't get trick or treaters either. Mom said that we've always lived in the country, so we've never had them either. Mom and Dad always get candy, and they always end up eating it themselves. Smart, right?
      Thanks for the note.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. You aren’t alone Tag. Bolt and Bailey are on diets too and none to happy about it. Bolt looks trimmer, but Bailey just gets more round! He must be sneaking stuff while I’m not watching. We live in a neighborhood, but we get very few trick or treaters. I might be able to get the boys in their shirts for Halloween. Bailey’s shirt is very fitting: slightly dramatic. I suppose I should say not very fitting because he is extremely dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Andrea:
      Give Bolt and Bailey my condolences. I feel their pain! Congratulate Bailey for me, for bein' a stealthy sneak. My kind of guy! I'm nervous about what Mom has up her sleeve for Halloween for us. I'm just hopin' it isn't somethin' stoopid. (She's good at that!) Say "hi" to Bolt and Bailey from me (and the girls, of course).
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Ah, I feel for you over the creaky bones Tag. Sez I, who spent altogether too much time this morning down on the kitchen floor cleaning up a huge mess after a bottle of kefir leapt out of the fridge and shattered all over. The getting down part was easy.....the cleanup wasn't too bad....but then.....then.....I had to get up! Guess I need to go for the 2 T. less food on my plate too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Sorry about the kefir and the mess. Mom and Dad have to help each other up off the floor when one of 'em gets down on the floor. The girls and I try to help, but we're usually told to sit away from them so we don't get hurt if they fall. Mom said she thinks they need somethin' called a "come along" to hoist her up off the floor. Then she laughs. I'm feelin' skinnier, like maybe I'm all skin and bones from lack of food. It's awful bein' rationed. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Gotta run. I think I hear good bein' offered. (Probably wishful thinkin'.)
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Creaky bones and two tablespoons out of 1/2 cup rations...SHEESH. I am definitely needin to cut my weight but somehow I am happy just where I am. Gotta enjoy the few inches I have left on that darn ruler. Halloween trick or treat does not happen here in our gated community. I used to always dress up to hand out little treats and change money. Happy Week to You Tag...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Mom said she feels your pain. Seems her body hovers around a certain weight, too. It's hard for her to lose, but that won't keep her from persistin' in her efforts. Mom can only dress us up for pictures, 'cuz "the ladies" don't cooperate much. Divas!
      Happy Week to you, too!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Hi Tag, Bits said I could write for her this time. She is reeling from your chart to learn that she is 76. She was at the vet last week and they pulled two of her back molars. I am still getting accusing glares about that. The thing is everyone thinks she is a puppy as she is so little. She is also on a diet. I'm not taking any of her food away, she only gets 1/4 cup total for the day. But no treats. She weighed 7 pounds at the vet and she is supposed to weigh 5. I'm so glad you are shadowing your Mom. You take real good care of her. She is precious. The next time your chowing down on your almost 1/2 cup of food, think of Bits eating half of that once a day. You'll be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss TerriSue!
      76!! That's awesome! Sorry she lost two teeth. Tell her she's in our prayers for complete healin'. Sounds like all of us are on a diet. At only 5 pounds, I bet she's simple adorable! I told Mom what you said about her and she's blushin' now. She loves you, too. I think I'll be grateful I get the food I do. I'd die if I only got 1/2 c a day!
      Smooches to you and Bits!
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna