July 20, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Even Stumpier Stumpers...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart - July 2021

Hi, Everybody!
Curious about my post title? I bet you are, so I'll get right to it.
 
I woke up yesterday mornin' with a spring in my step and a positive attitude. That went quickly downhill when I heard Mom with that come hither, Tag, chirpin'. Right away I knew it wasn't gonna be anythin' good. Boy, was I right!

I headed for the house, toot sweet, but she caught up to me and hauled me to the garage. (Clue Two. Nothin' good happens in the garage unless we're gettin' in the truck to leave!) She hoisted me up onto this tall, skinny table with a rug on top, and then I saw the dreaded Tools of Torture!

It started nice enough with a little brushin', but went downhill real quick when she got out the new trimmer. Before I could register my objections, she was cuttin' off my toes. I kid you not! I hate detest am not a fan of havin' my toenails cut. It's so demeanin'. I mean, who wants to carry on like a little girl? Not me. (I don't want to even go into detail.)

Lucky for me, there was no bath on the agenda - and the "groomin'" didn't last more than about 30 minutes. There was a peace offerin' of treats when she was done, too, but it hardly made up for the fact that I'd been violated!

Lots of dogs like gettin' buffed and puffed, but I'm not one of 'em. I prefer that "devil-may-care" appearance. I know there's a bath in my future, but I'm hopin' we can hold off as long as possible. I'd rather play in a mud puddle any day.

So now you know. I hope if you leave a comment today, you'll take Mom to task for subjectin' me to such egregious treatment. I'd start a petition, but I know who puts food in my dish, and if Corgis love anythin' in this world, it's food. Enough for now. I'd better stay on the lookout for whatever she's got planned for me next.
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure a bath is on the agenda Tag, but you will look even more handsome when that happens!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Not a B.A.T.H.!!! Mom always uses the smelly stuff. YUCK!
      Now, I'm gonna worry the rest of the week. I'll keep ya posted.
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  2. You know, Tag, Mom only has your best interests at heart. Manly guys don't have long nails so just keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Maggie:
      I'd like to think that's true. You make a good point about "manly guys" and not havin' long nails. It does make it easier for me to run around, too. I just really dislike to process, you know? Thanks for givin' me somethin' to think about.
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Oh Tag Dear. Thank goodness Mom wasn’t doin a full manscape job on you! Toenails are no my favorite either...especially when I have to groom hubby’s. YUCK double. Eat the treats and don’t fret over a bath. Just pretend you are being pampered and loved...Oh wait! That does not need to be pretended because you are LOVED. Smooches...XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duncan never liked his done either...so I let the Vet do it! Wasn't a battle I wanted to fight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna