July 22, 2021

A Kitchen Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - Prairie Flea Bane

It was a productive, long day. I baked bread yesterday, and shared three of the four loaves. The day ended with a concert in the park, with Handsome performing in the percussion section. I sat with my dear Aunty and Mom Grace's daughter, Sis (and her partner, Jim). It was a perfect evening, and we enjoyed the concert together.

I also woke up yesterday morning to find that the Lady's Necessaire was claimed and has been sold. I went to bed pleasantly tired. Hard work, some play, and a grateful heart for the appreciation of my work. I'll be back in the kitchen today, baking bread for our freezer. 
 
I'll be stitching again as I'm able. I can already tell, it's going to be another great day. Know that I'm wishing the same for you.
xo
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Love those little flowers.
    I also spent the day in the kitchen.
    Hubby bought peaches from the fruit truck.
    1 loaf of a spicy peach bread, peach muffins, & 2 peach pies!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      That sounds delicious! I'm a peach fan, but Handsome is not. At last night's concert, Sis brought a small bag of peaches for me. They're wonderful. I'll enjoy every bite of them.
      Thanks for sharing!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a really productive day (just be sure you're not overdoing it!!!!). So glad your wonderful little box sold but I had absolutely no doubt it would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Maggie:
      Thanks for your concern. Truth be told, my knee sure thinks I am. I'm being careful not to lift heavy things, but being on my feet takes its toll. I did sleep like a log last night, though.
      I'm always grateful when someone wants something I've created. It's a humbling experience for me. Thanks for your confidence. I truly appreciate it.
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I know how you feel about the humble aspect - when I'm lucky enough to sell one of my landscapes I'm over the moon for awhile.

      Delete
  3. I love days like this - happy, productive, sharing kind of days. So glad you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna