July 10, 2021

A Day Spent Dreaming...

Mr. Finch's "Botany Badger" (Image © Mr. Finch)

I had a post-op doctor's visit (and an office procedure) on Thursday afternoon. While I was told "it won't be painful", it was. In spite of the local anesthetic, a twenty minute wait for the local to kick in, and the skilled hands and knowledge of my doctor, it hurt. The proof was the difference between my pre-procedure and post-procedure blood pressure numbers. I was glad Handsome was there with me, and even more glad that he drove us home from Milwaukee afterward.
 
As a result, I spent most of the rest of Thursday in and out of sleep, and continued from those "practice naps" to full blown dreamland overnight. That's my way of saying that I then slept very well once I went to bed.
 
There must have still be some residual yesterday, as I was able to accomplish a few tasks, but no heart for needlework. I tidied up my studio, put away a few things in the kitchen, waved goodbye to Handsome who has an overnight gig about and hour and a half away from home, spent most of the rest of the day tending to the dogs, and then, watching needlework and other creative videos on Instagram.
 
Mr. Finch and One Of His Moth Creations  (image © Mr. Finch)

One of the highly creative people I follow on Facebook and Instagram is the incredible, magical, and immensely talented Mr. Finch. (That's how he's listed on those platforms. Mr. Finch") "Botany Badger" is just one of his gorgeous creations.
 
Mr. Finch lives in Yorkshire in the United Kingdom, and he has created an entire menagerie of woodland creatures for two books, "The Wish Post" and "Perilune".  All of his illustrations are images of his magical creations  He also creates items that he sells from time to time, although it's beyond me how he could possibly part with them.
 
You really must visit his website HERE, so you can see just how wonderful he is. I just know you'll be delighted by what you see! If you follow him on Facebook, he frequently shares stories, images and videos that will immediately brighten your day. They sure do mine!
 
I'll try to get back to my needlework soon, so I have something of my own to share with you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and that you have something to do that will renew your spirit.  

Gratefully,
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Wow, those creations are magnificent!
    Hope you feel better today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn-
      Mr. Finch’s creations make me smile. I love his perspective.
      I am feeling better today, thanks.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry that you went through pain - that's not what you signed on for. Could they not have given you more pain meds and waited a bit longer for them to take effect.
    As for Mr. Finch, I've seen his moths before but did not realize they were that large!! Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Maggie-
      It sure wasn’t what I was told to expect. My understanding is that I will need to repeat this procedure every four to six months - indefinitely. I’m going to make sure I always have a driver, and plan to take a Valium before I go from now on!

      So glad you’re a fan of Mr. Finch, too. I love his work/play.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. His work is fabulous! I’d never heard of him. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but I hope you are feeling better very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea-
      Isn’t his work wonderful? I’m happy to introduce you to his work via my post.
      I’m sure I’ll be right as rain very soon.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. He does beautiful work I love the badger!
      I hope you feel better soon.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry you have to endure these medical procedures and pain. Ahhh...Mr. Finch! What a delightful and creative man he is. I just wish I had purchased one of his embroidered linen butterflies when they were available. Thank you for sharing your recipe for Mexican Confetti...and I will never be PC!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna