July 7, 2021

Perfect Timing...

Brynwood Needleworks - Plum Sweet Fabric Charms

I ran out of prepared hexies to join together in the flower shapes over the weekend. So, I needed to make more, and I have a full and partial package of Plum Sweet mini charms that I can use. I just have to prepare them first.

Brynwood Needleworks - Fusible Hexie Papers
 
I use these fusible hexie papers to make my hexies. These are made by Hugs 'n Kisses, and the best part about them is that they don't have to be removed. I'll only need to remove my stitching after the multi-hexie flowers have been created.

Brynwood Needleworks - Trimming Corners
 
The hexie pre-cuts are fused using an iron. There's a dull side, and a shiny, fusible side to each "paper". I just place them, shiny-side-down onto the back side of the small fabric squares, and then press the iron and they're fused!

Brynwood Needleworks - Fabric Schnibbles
 
After the fusible hexie shapes are ironed onto the fabrics, I cut the extra corners off the fabric, so they'll lie nicely without a lot of extra fabric bulk.

Brynwood Needleworks - Ready For Turning
 
I originally thought that I could simply iron the fabric to conform the hexie shape without stitching, but the pressed hexies won't stay in the shape long enough for me to sew them to each other. I still need to stitch down the fabric if I don't want to constantly stop of re-iron or reshape the hexies.

Brynwood Needleworks - Hexies, Ready To Be Joined

I took all the hexies downstairs so I could sit in my comfy chair, and got them all finished except five or six. I'll finish those later. I have enough hexies to start making flowers again. Rain is in the forecast, so today will be a perfect day to do just that. Perfect timing!

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Love all of those hexies.
    Yes, rain today. We still need it.
    I'll be cleaning, then relaxing with my needle.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We got more rain today, too. It was wonderful that the temperatures dropped, too. It was so warm in the farmhouse! I ended up with a paintbrush (rather than a needle) in my hand yesterday. I hope to get back to stitching by the weekend.
      Enjoy your creative time!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Donna. This is very helpful. I didn’t realize how TINY they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, dear Bonnie. No, these aren't very big. I'm glad I could share a little more information about the process. I'm hoping to be able to do a little video over the weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize how small they were either - and interested to read about the iron on aspect. I used thin cardboard with mine but had to cut them all into the shape first. I know I could have bought them pre-cut but DH volunteered so cheaper is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      I've done the cardboard ones, too. I like the fact that these won't have to be pulled out. I'll just need to remove my tacking stitches, rather than picking out cardboards, too. Hey! I wouldn't turn down volunteers either!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna