March 12, 2017

Daydream Believer...

© Edith + Evelyn Vintage Image
 
I've been saving images from various sources since we purchased the farmhouse. I especially liked this one with the old scale, wicker-covered bottle and silver bowl. I found myself contemplating it as I was packing for our move.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Vintage Scale Vignette
 
Over the years, some of the things I purchased new are now chippy, but just as useful. Case in point...a scale that we bought over thirty years ago for use in the kennel. We got it so we'd be able to weigh Bryn's first litter of Labrador puppies. It was subsequently used for her second, and Samantha Rose's two litters of Golden Retriever pups. These days, I mostly use it for weighing packages for shipping.

I also have a couple of beautiful silver bowls like these. I can see filling one of mine with a nice ivy, and while I like the angel, I'm not sure Handsome would. I do have a vase (already packed) that has a wicker cover that would work for now, and lots of different bread boards.

You'd think I'd have plenty to worry about right now, packing all those boxes. Sometimes I can't help myself. I did this while taking a break. Everything shown is packed up now, but I'll arrange this - or something like it - when I unpack in Wisconsin. 

I'm a believer that daydreaming actually helps with productivity. After a little of my own, I get right back to the task(s) at hand.. Of course, I'll be packing until we're all finished. I can't believe how quickly time is passing, and our household will be moving north before we know it. I see a few long days in our future.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. I believe your vignettes will be lovely and perfect for the farmhouse. And they will have sentimental memories attached to them...Priceless! I wonder if Daydreaming will help me with all the sorting and purging I need to do...in hopes of moving. Beautiful Day Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna