March 21, 2017

An (Almost) Empty Studio...

Brynwood Needleworks - Waiting For The "Muscle"

I closed my shop last night and it will remain closed until my studio is set up in its new location. As for my space in Florida? Ugh. My room is nearly empty. The only things left in here are my empty cutting table (it's too heavy for us to safely move), and my pattern cabinet.

My desktop computer is packed up, and I've set aside the "important papers" I need to keep close through the move. This whole process becomes more real by the day.

Brynwood Needleworks - To Paint or Not To Paint?

This cabinet was given to me by Mom (Grace) years ago. I'm currently contemplating painting it. I really don't see a good enough reason to keep it this color, and off-white or a darker gray would fit in so much better up north. It's empty now and it's also waiting to be moved onto the truck for the trip. I won't paint it until it's moved, so I have time to think about it.

Now that this room is empty, our southern painter will come in, repair holes left from the cleats that held the shelves to the wall, and then paint the walls so that it will be ready for the new owners to just move right in.

Brynwood Needleworks - What A Mess!
 
Of course, the contents of the room have been packed up, but the boxes have to go somewhere temporarily. The garage is already mostly full. It's getting less and less comfortable in our "living" room....and kitchen...and dining room. It's hard to believe that we will be all packed out and loaded by next Tuesday. There's still so much to do.
 
I guess you're probably missing my creative posts as much as I do about now. Before the week is over, I'll share the creativity of my friends who created and then swapped their mug mat creations. They're all pretty wonderful. 
 
In the meantime, I hope you're doing something fun and creative yourself. Feel free to tell me (or send pictures via email) what you're working on. I'd be happy to live vicariously through you until I can get back to it myself!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. "Getting real" must be bitter sweet for you dear. The amount of work and coordination in moving is massive. However the Happiness you will have at Hickory Hill Farm will be so worth all this work. May you continue your packing and know your end goal is near. The pattern cabinet is wonderful and yes to painting it...after it is moved. Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dedication to keep posting through your move is commendable!
    Thank you for organizing the swap so close to the big day! I look forward to seeing the posts of the beautiful work others did! Good luck during your transition!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna