July 19, 2016

Wooly Feathers...

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Bird

Planning our departure, and preparing to fly away this week in the Flying Cloud, but I've still managed to do a little work on this block. Sharing how I've feathered out my little bird somehow seems appropriate.

There are a lot of leaves (and branches) to stitch to the background fabric - and when I look closely at my photos, I see that I hadn't completed one of the leaves in this photo. Pictures always magnify our work, and they also help with color choices or placements. I love to photograph quilt blocks prior to sewing, because the pictures will help me double check that I haven't made an error, too.

Brynwood Needleworks - Sheep and Willow Detail

The little lamb and bird have eyes now, so my block is coming to life. I'm hoping to finish it this week, whether or not it's here at home or on the road. 
My plan is to set up a couple of the other blocks to take along. Handwork always travels well, and you know me...I always find a way to keep busy creating something. More soon...

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Little Red Bird is so much happier now that she has wings. Your Wooly blocks will be excellent handwork while traveling along in your beautiful Flying Cloud. Safe Travels Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna