July 20, 2016

Nearly Ready To Roll...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Last Four "Wooly Critter" Block Patterns

The Flying Cloud is nearly ready to travel. Last minute arrangements are made and once again, we're fortunate to have our retired police officer friend staying in our home while we're away. It's so nice not to have to worry about home while we visit to see family and friends up north.

So, as our Airstream pantry is fitted out; the wardrobe is filled with clothes (instead of suitcases); and the dogs share our excitement (because they sense something is going on), I can turn my thoughts to what I'll be packing to work on while we travel.

Brynwood Needleworks - "Wooly Critter" Crow and Pumpkin
 
Of course, I'll be visiting Primitive Gatherings in Menasha while I'm in Wisconsin (I know. Be very jealous!), so I can pick up some of the wools I need for my final four blocks (as well as the wools I love to use for the pincushions you find in my shop). I especially need to find some oranges like the pumpkin in that block!

I'm also packing silk ribbons and fabric to make some new items for my shop. I can't wait to show you what I have in mind. I think you'll like them. In essence, I've decided not to take my sewing machine, but will rather concentrate on hand stitched treasures this trip.

I've also contemplated taking a blog break while we're away, but face it. Three or four weeks is just too long for me to be away from all of you. So, as we get down to hours before we leave, I'll be keeping in touch with you every day as I always have for the past seven and a half years. (Has it really been that long? Seems like just yesterday that I wrote my first post!)

Thanks for being here with me each day. I know you're there and you inspire me to share more projects and ideas. I try to live up to your expectations. 

For now, I'd better get back to packing. I still have things to do. Have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna Dear you are always so very organized and therefore I believe you and Handsome and Tag and Bella and the Flying Cloud are ready to roll. Lovely handwork projects for on the road. I cannot be jealous of your shopping in Wisconsin since I have never been to WI and I do not create and sell all the wonderful gifts you make. (Yes, I am a little green!). Safe Travels and I am thrilled you will be keeping us happy with your daily blogging. Love and Hugs My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna,
    I am so happy you will be able to send us updates and you will be able to have some creative time with your hand stitching! Enjoy your travels & may you be blessed with some wonderfully cooler weather. Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna