July 5, 2016

Firecracker Dress Drive...

Brynwood Needleworks - Dressed In Joy - Marcy's Dresses and Dollies

It's almost time to deliver the dresses and dollies for the Firecracker Dress Drive!

Brynwood Needleworks - Dressed In Joy - Marcy's Dresses

All of these gorgeous dresses have been sorted and packaged for their upcoming trip to Orlando.

Brynwood Needleworks - Dressed In Joy - Sherry's Dresses

They're all so wonderful, and I know every one of them will be loved and appreciated. As I sort through them, I frequently hold them up for Handsome to see. He asked me to convey - on his behalf - how impressed he is with the sheer variety and creativity that goes into each one.

Dressed In Joy - Danice's Dresses

 
After our last drive, the Clermont group decided to break away from our original group. They're close enough to the Orlando ambassador and work group - and one of their members frequently travels between the two groups - so they now deliver the dresses they create on a weekly or monthly basis. 
 
We wish them all the best as they continue their efforts for the Dress A Girl Around The World organization. 
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Dressed In Joy - Pat's Dresses
 
With that (and summer vacations) in mind, I set our goal for this drive at 100 dresses, and we're close to meeting that goal. There's still time if you'd like to contribute a dress or two. I'll be making my own dresses in the next few days.

Thank so much to Marcy, Sherry, Danice, and Pat for the dresses we've already accumulated. Marcy, your doll faces make me giggle as I packaged them with their matching dresses. I'm always impressed with your time management and ability to create so many dresses. Ladies, again, I'm grateful beyond words. Thanks, and thanks again.

I'm planning to deliver them to Orlando in about a week. If you're interested in making a dress (with or without a doll), please let me know so that I can plan to include it in this delivery.

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful! They look ever so lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna for your wonderful organization of collecting and delivering dresses and dolls. Thank you Handsome for being supportive of our efforts. Each dress and doll is created with sew much love for the girls we do not know. I am not able to sew or send anymore for this Firecracker drive however I have already planned to participate in the next round. Dressed in JOY and Blessings to All...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, all those dresses are just so lovely!!! They will definitely be appreciated!! What a wonderful accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Donna, Thank you for this wonderful opportunity! You brought this fabulous organization into my life & many others! "Dress A Girl Around the World" will continue to have my support and interest always. You have inspired me so much Donna as well as many others. I thank you again! Sew happy to help. Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is fabulous what you and your ladies are doing for these girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna