April 16, 2013

Stitching and Sewing...

circa 1902 by Beatrix Potter
I've been working on my "Over The River" embroideries. The first one is now
finished and I'm working on the second. Yesterday, I finished sewing all of the
flying geese for the quilt, and only have to square and join them. My third class
is a week from Thursday (April 25th) and I'm trying really hard to have my quilt
top finished in time for the students to see what it will look like when it's complete.

We'll see how that goes. I have embroidery, star blocks and an applique' panel
to finish before I can even think about the assembly. I'll be designing the applique'
panel, but that should go quickly because I already know what I want to do for it.

I'll share photos when I get a little further along. For today, enjoy this sweet
image by Beatrix Potter of an industrious, little mouse working on her own quilt.
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Hi sweet friend, I'm sure your embroider is absolutely gorgeous!!! Everything you create always is Donna ~ I just wanted to stop by and give you a (((hug))) I hope you are doing so good! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Donna, I will be anxious to see your progress. I loved your little mouse this morning so cute. It is stormy in our area this morning and I am staying home. Have a wonderful day sewing. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving and collecting all things "mouse", this image is such a precious one. I can clearly see you stitching away on your amazing quilt. Hope your fingers are holding up. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beatrix Potter illustrations are always a lovely treat. Best of luck on your beautiful projects. I wish I were in your class :o)
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna