February 24, 2013

Incredible Quilts...

"Across The Spectrum" - pieced - Carol Niemann
 I attended the Peace River Quilt Guild quilt show over the weekend.
It was a true treat for the senses...so many incredible quilts...so much
quilting talent! I took many more photographs than I'll share here,
but I had to choose a few to give you an idea of what captivated me
for more than a few hours. You may notice that I took more pictures
of applique' quilts than anything else. What really impressed me was
the sheer number of applique' quilts that were hand quilted
Truly breathtaking!

I'll stop talking and just give you captions from here on...
"Classic Baltimore" - applique' - MaryAnn Jacobs
"Autumn Beauty" - pieced and applique' - Carolyn Freeman
"My Whimsical Quilt Garden" - applique' - Connie Johnson
"Round Robin" - pieced and applique' - JoAnn Burtscher
"Round Robin" Closeup
"Fun with Beads and Quilting" - quilted garment - Sharleen Nichols
"Wickersham Revisited" - applique' - Rebecca Marsteller
"Wickersham Revisited" Closeup
"Zinnia Basket" (partial) - pieced and applique' - Carol Niemann
"Zinnia Basket" Closeup - Machine Quilting by Susan Slaton
Didn't they just take your breath away? I know!!
You can click on any of these images if you'd like a closer look.

Congratulations to the Peace River Quilt Guild for hosting an 
incredible show. Every single piece was a feast for the eyes.
I left truly inspired - and I know I wasn't the only one.
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. I've been away from blogland forever! Started a new job which has sucked a significant amount of time out of my day in addition to the other adult stuff. :o) What a beautiful post to come and vist after being away, such lovely quilts! Looks like a lovely quilt show!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These quilts are beautiful and breathtaking. Makes me want to pick up my tiny little brand new quilting needle and thread and material. Thank you Donna Dear for sharing these treasures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quilts and truly stunning quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna