March 16, 2011

A Musical Gift From Mary Ann...

Today, I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Mary Ann Miller. Last week, she sent this beautiful, musical handbag to me as a gift! You can imagine how excited I was when I opened the package to see what she had created for me.
Her fabric choices were perfect! Musical instruments on a sheet music background were the focal fabric. Then she added a sweet black/white dot fabric, separated by black ribbon.
The button was the crowning touch. I love the bit of beaded sparkle that it adds to the handbag. Mary Ann chose a black and white sheet music fabric for the interior of the bag, and there are two large pockets inside. I'm already using my new bag, and I think it's equally suited to everyday use or a musical night out.

Thank you, Mary Ann for your most generous gift. I love it and appreciate you sharing your talent with me.
Please take some time to visit Mary Ann's blog when you have a chance. It's always fun to see what new fabrics she's chosen and how she's using them. Just click on her banner (above) to go to her blog...
and if you'd love to own one of her beautiful handbags, click on this button to go to her Etsy shop. There's a little something for everyone's diverse taste, and her prices are very reasonable. Be sure to let me know if you find something you can't resist!

PS. I had to photograph Mary Ann's gift out in the yard yesterday so that I could share my beautiful and fragrant star jasmine with you. We have two bushes in the yard that make our little courtyard a secluded place. (They're taller than I am!). The smell is incredible this time I year. I wish you could all sit out there with me and enjoy it as much as I do!

12 comments:

  1. what a beautiful surprise! And thank you for sharing the fragrant blloms from your yard. We won't have any of those for another 2 months :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This personalized music themed bag is fabulous. How sweet of your friend to make this for you as a surprise. Great place to hold all your music. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Donna, Oh what a beautiful bag, it is really lovely. It is wonderful to see your flowering Star Jasmine, oh how I love to see green and flowers. The snow is finally melting here. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new purse is beautiful! So perfect for you, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Donna! You are so very welcome for the purse. Thank you for this sweet posting...how kind of you. I am having a giveaway on my blog right now...I'm giving away a $50.00 gift certificate!! You can sign up to win here...

    http://handcraftedbymaryannmiller.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-am-celebrating-with-spring-giveway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift.
    I have visited the blog of Anne and was delighted with her ​​bags.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I for one, sure wish I was back there smelling your star jasmine! LOL We might hit 60ยบ today, if we're lucky.

    Speaking of lucky, what a BEAUTIFUL new purse you received from Mary Ann! It is SEW PERFECT for you, too. I'm hurrying over to check out her site right now. I've never visited her before.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you & Mr. Handsome!!
    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did check out Mary Ann's shop. I will check back later and investigate a little more. That is a beautiful tote and very creative to photograph next to the flowers. Makes my heart jump for joy that spring is coming. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. You already know what I'm going to say...but I'll say it anyway...Spoiled!!! Love it!!

    Looooooooove the smell of Jasmine too. Wish I could be there to enjoy a beautiful spot with you.

    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, what a beautiful gift indeed!! I am headed over to her blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's just so beautiful......and leave it to a creative lady to feature it in the star jasmine :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna