December 28, 2009

Twenty Five Wonderful Years...

Twenty five years ago today, I married my best friend and the love of my life. We had been together for three years before we wed, and I knew then that he was the man with whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life.

We married in our home in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, witnessed by twenty eight of our closest friends and family. We had the usual snow and cold leading up to our wedding day, but on the 29th of December in 1984, the snow melted and we were married on a record 60ยบ day! After our ceremony, we moved our group to a golf club for dinner, and then, along with about 250 guests, we partied to music provided by a jazz ensemble (featuring Janet Planet) until the wee hours. We were the last couple to leave our party, thanking each and every guest for sharing in our special day.

We stayed home for the next day and then flew to Grand Cayman for our two week-long honeymoon. Wonderful memories of the beginning of our married life, to be followed with many, many more of our time together.

I love being married to Handsome. As with any relationship, there are ups and downs, but our life has been many more ups than downs. I know that my life is better with him in it.

Thank you, Husband, for loving me as much as I love you, for sharing the life that we "signed up for"...good, bad, sickness, health, richer, poorer. In all ways, for all days. I love you. The inscriptions in our wedding bands have worn down through the years, but in my heart the letters and their meaning will always be as bright and clear as the day we first wore them.

"A. B. & A., A.M.L."
Your Wife
JoySignatureBROWNSM

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the Both of You ~ You sure can see from Your Photos Together, How Much Your In Love~ Here's to 25 More.....
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh' Donna. I always love a wonderful love story with a happy ending. And even though your love story is nowhere near the end, 25 years gives me a good idea of what the end will look like. That's a beautiful wedding photo and such a lovely photo of ya'll now.

    Congratulations on the silver anniversary!
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! Merry late Christmas, and happy anniversary too! You were such a gorgeous bride, and you and Handsome were and are, such a beautiful couple. You and I share December birthdays, and December anniversaries too!...I hope your feeling much better today, I read Kes's post...he did a really good job! His spelling and punctuation are better than mine! Hugs, Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Donna that's so sweet. Congratulations to you both on 25 years and may there be many, many more. I love the wedding photo. I made a gown very similar to that for a friend of mine. You looked gorgeous - you don't look too bad now either. Enjoy your special day together.

    Hugs

    Minimiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary - what a beautiful wedding photo you have!
    I hope your back is better, I wish you a wonderful day celebrating with Handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!!

    Lucy
    www.farmersattic.com
    www.farmersattic.blogspot.com
    www.lucy43g.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary, and may you enjoy many more years of God's blessings together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to another 25 wonderful years! Congratulations!
    binkies,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 25th Anniversary to you Both!
    Love
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a Happy 25th Anniversary!

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! You and your husband make a beautiful couple...then and now! Your love for him is so apparent every time you post about him. Congratulations to both of you.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary to you and Handsome! It's so wonderful to read your story. It warms my heart. Enduring love is so beautiful. You are a handsome Couple! Enjoy your day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary, you two! Sending much love your way,

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing a little bit of your story! You were a beautiful couple on your wedding day, and are a beautiful couple today. Wishing you well... ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ya'll are SOOOOO cute together Donna! This is such a beautiful post...I can really feel the lllooooovvvve in your heart towards your Handsome. (it makes me smile to see someone so in love)
    Happy Anniversary and I'm wishing you two sooooo many more blissful years.
    everything vintage

    love those photos! ya'll are just too cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Donna, wow, there are a lot of us Christmas Brides out there! You two are gorgeous, you looked so beautiful, and still do! Hope you're feeling better today! You need to be able to celebrate!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  17. You two are beautiful together. Then and now.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!! What a milestone anniversary! And I love your wedding pic - your dress was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow....so nice to read about other couples who have stuck together thru the years! Congrats to you and may your love last forever:-)~ Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats..you to are so very sweet together...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary to you both and many, many more! Have a Happy and Glorious New Year too!

    Cathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am slower than molasses in January! I just saw your beautiful wedding day photo. What a Ken and Barbie! But a real life and in real love always. What a neat couple you two are. Many Many Blessings for many more anniversaries to come.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! May you enjoy another 25 happy years, at least! God bless you both...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wanted to wish you both the very best. From our family to yours, God Bless you richly and enjoy many, many more years!!! <><

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna