December 15, 2009

Missed It By THIS Much...

For my "Wild Hare" Wednesday post today, I want to tell you that my most recent "Hare" is planning a decor redux before Christmas.
I'm going to be purging many knick knacks and dust magnets from my daily view.

Some will be lovingly packed and stored, but most will be leaving Brynwood for good. I think I'll take photos of the "adoptables" and see what y'all think. I'm just tired of moving, dusting and being frustrated by clutter...a wild hare that I'm sure has some real teeth! (*"You mean, be'oind the rabbit, then?") I'll keep you posted on my progress.

On another note, I finished two of my Grammies Jammies yesterday, but at 9:30 last night, I was just too pooped to tackle the third. I'll be doing the third - and last - of my Jammies today. Darn! I was sooo close, too! Well, better to be fresh and not make any mistakes than to attempt something when I'm tired and make a real mess of it.

I did play around with my ruffler again, and couldn't resist making an extra little something. Man, don't you hate it when I'm vague? Yeah, me too, but it's not without a reeeeallly good reason. Some people check in to see if they can find out what their Christmas (or sometimes birthday) gifts are going to be. We can't be giving away surprises, now, can we?

I'm taking lots of photos as I finish my projects, and I promise - "cross my heart" - that I'll show you everything after Christmas. So, while I'm loving everything I did accomplish by the 15th...I missed my goal "by this much". I agree with my friend, Shell (from Tales of the Raspberry Rabbits), who left a comment on my post yesterday..."Next year, we start in July!!!" You've got a deal, my friend!
JoySignatureBROWNSM
Be sure to visit Shell's blog for more "Wild Hare Wednesday" posts. Who knows what silly nonsense is overcoming the other participants these days!
* reference to a quote from a Monty Python movie. ;-]

10 comments:

  1. I just can't wait to see the pics!!!!

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting!!! You know what they say, one woman's scraps another woman's quilt!!! Actually I just made that up!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I've come to learn about you Donna is that although that last pair of Grammies Jammies didn't get finished yeaterday they will be finished today...I've always admired your ability to get so much done!!!
    Enjoy your day.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Start in July? Perhaps we just keep this insane momentum up and be DONE by July!! : )

    OH. I'm a horrible winner. I got my prize and have enjoyed all the goodies. Hubby and I had entirely too much fun. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I resemble that remark...!!! And, just thinking, what to do with all of our fabric scraps? Let's figure out a scrap swap. We each mail one person our best fabric scraps, and then we get some in the mail too.. Good idea? You know all these fantastic sewers, so let's hook it up! Freshen the stash the old fashioned way! You never know when someone will get inspired by a little piece of something...

    xo Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, sometimes it's best to quit when you are tired rather than have to do it all over again. I've learned from that mistake. I love the look of your grammy jammies. I will be interested in seeing pictures of your adoptables! Have a great day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the best is yet to come when we get to see all your fabulos creations for your friends and family...cannot wait..I too have been purging my stash..son my etsy shop will be looming with craft stuff for sale.... I think I will love your grammie jammies...happy holidays Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello just checking on you this evening. I was wondering if you had finished all of your pjs.
    I need to have a wild hare like you and downsize even more than I did when I moved out to the old farmhouse.
    Brrrrrrrrrrrr it is cold here this evening. I think I shall go make some hot chocolate wish I could share it with you
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing everything you have made. I do believe that your Wild Hare was much like mine this year in getting so many things made at the last minute while getting cleaning,organizing, decluttering Wild Hare! hee,hee,hee. We are just plain nuts I tell ya. Hmmm... maybe that's why you like acorns so much! LOL!! I crack myself up!
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna