December 5, 2009

A Surprise Swap Gift and Christmas Concert...

The postman brought another package yesterday. I was expecting a swap gift from Barb in Crivitz, WI as part of our Ravelry - Grandma's Hand group swap, but this was a real surprise. I never, in a million years expected anything other than handcrafted ornaments. When I opened the box, I found this lovely, crazy-quilted pillow.

It's hand stitched with a vintage glove and hankie as embellishment. There are also lovely laces and crocheted pieces, along with buttons. It is really beautiful work and I'm tickled with Barb's effort. It will be front and center in our holiday decorating this year. Thank you so much, Barb!
Last night was the first of Handsome's Christmas concert performances. The North Port Chorale, the "Soundsations" singers, and the local bell choir - "Joyful Ringers" - provided the holiday music. Everyone left humming and talking about the concert.

We may not have snow here in south Florida, but there certainly was no shortage of holiday spirit Saturday evening.
JoySignatureBROWNSM

5 comments:

  1. oh ah! lovely gift. Crazy quilt is my favorite one...I wish I loved closer so I could hear handsome play....have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! That is beautiful!!! Sure wish I was on her Christmas list!! LOL. Oh I do love a Christmas concert too. Our church's this weekend. We're going this evening, in fact!

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    Christmas Goodies Recipe Exchange

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pillow is gorgeous! Nothing gets you in the Christmas spirit like a Christmas concert. I know it was just beautiful. Enjoy your Sunday! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pillow!...How wonderful it must be to go listen to your own hubby in a wonderful Chirstmas concert! I love Christmas music! =D Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,

    The pillow is very pretty and I love the way the gloves have been sewn in ( lovely idea. )
    Glad you could go out and enjoy the Christmas concert.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna