December 13, 2009

Project Updates...

In my November 29th post, I shared my December 15th deadline to have all my projects completed. I promised to keep you posted on how I was progressing in that regard. Below, you'll find my original list with completed items checked off, or notes where I changed the project or gift idea.
  1. Four Three beaded scarves in sumptuous and decadent yarns Finished
  2. Three sets of Christmas Eve pajamas (an annual tradition for our grandchildren)
  3. One Ladies Tote with lots of pockets and compartments Finished
  4. One Kitchen Ensemble (Sorry I can't give you more detail here. Can't give too much away.) Finished
  5. A Set of Handcrafted Ornaments Finished
  6. One Lap Quilt
  7. Custom Gift Bags in pretty fabrics Finished
  8. One Embroidered Pillow
  9. Four Apple Photo Books (all the same - another annual tradition) Changed to four music dvds of Handsome's musical performances
  10. Two Hat and Mitten Sets sewn in cozy warm polar fleece Changed to a Set of Sachets and Machine Embroidered Coffee Cup Cuddlers (Koozies) 1/2 Finished
I'm tickled with all the things I've accomplished so far. By Tuesday (the 15th), I'll be nearly finished. I'll be cutting out the pajama patterns today and sewing them tomorrow. I've decided to put off the Apple books until early in the new year, because none of the images I need to use are installed in my new iMac yet. Instead, there will be music dvds of Handsome's most recent performances, which I'm sure will be a huge hit. All the projects will be finished by Wednesday and on their way, so I'm happy. In keeping with my commitment to avoid holiday stress, I'll be working on my projects, but not to the exclusion of all else. "All work and no play", you know...

We'll start decorating the house and yard on Saturday. (We never been early decorators. Most years, the tree doesn't go up until Christmas Eve, but all of my blog buddies and their beautiful holiday decor photos have inspired me to move up our plans.)

So, for now, I've got gifts to wrap and pack up to ship north. There are special surprises that Handsome always adds to the packages, and we're waiting for them to arrive from the various mail order places. When they arrive, they will be added to what we ship out. I think there will be a lot of happy hearts when they see their gifts this year.
JoySignatureBROWNSM
In case you're interested, the tote pattern is called the Professional Tote from The Creative Thimble. You can click here to see or order the pattern.

7 comments:

  1. Boy Donna, you've really accomplished a lot! Your tote is just gorgeous! I love the fabrics you chose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! I love the purse!!!

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,
    Isn't it wonderful to see all of the items crossed off the list! You have been very busy and I'm so impressed with your ability to get so much finished!! I'm afraid to make these lists because I would see all of my unfinished projects!
    Have a wonderful week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna you are great inspiration..I knew you could complete your list...all very special gifts indeed....I need to get rocking...still got a long list for my freinds gifts to do...Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have accomplished so much! You are an inspiration! I know your loved ones look forward to your packages. I'm so glad you are having a stress free holiday. I am working on that, too:) Have a happy day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, I probebly won't be back until after. I've got more sewing to do. I love to see all that you do, you are so fresh and organized. Thank you for your comments on my blog, they make me feel so good.

    Love
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. whew.. I am tired from readiang of all your activites.. but then you are Donna a wonder woman. Just wanted to wish you a joyous, healthy holiday.. and hope to see you after the New Year.. love susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna