February 28, 2015

Meet "Kenny"...

I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of the Brynwood team. 
 I proudly present "Kenny". 

Kenny is the oldest member of my hardworking sewing support team. 
He was born in 1962 in Matsuyama, Japan. He's small, but extremely strong.

He's all steel and doesn't do a lot of fancy stuff, but he's willing to do what my
 "girls" won't. You see, they've been complaining about sewing through all those
 layers of fabric and stabilizers in my wallets. Frankly, I was tired of the whining. 

Miss Ellie and Cressie would stomp their feet and just skip across the fabric 
without linking threads. They told me they were meant for more complicated 
and genteel work - like embroideries and needle dancing. They're such divas!
I conducted a series of interviews, checked references and decided that Kenny
would fit in quite nicely. He's in excellent shape for his age, has had a full physical
and received a clean bill of health. He even came with examples of his work!

Kenny is a Sears Kenmore Model #148.295 (29) heavy duty, straight stitch (with
 reverse) sewing machine. He was used by one owner and was serviced every year,
 so he's been lovingly cared for all his life. I'm going to be looking for a special
table for him, too, but I'll wait until I can find just the right vintage-style one.
As you can see, he's ready to get right after the tough jobs. Yes. I think he'll do
quite nicely around here. I'm going to send each of the girls, Miss Ellie first,
to the spa for a little tune-up while I get to know Kenny a little better. They have
earned a rest, after all. They did give me their best effort, and I want to make sure
there are no hard feelings. I have some things planned for each of them in the
very near future and I want them ready, willing and able for their respective tasks.
 All I have to do is get better. Kenny is all shined up and waiting...along with ten
 new wallets that are cut and waiting for his special talents. Just waiting on me.
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. A big hearty welcome to Kenny! It's a good thing to have a 'heavy lifter' around to help out. And, I know the girls will appreciate their time at the spa. Congrats to your team! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice machine!! I'd like to know where you found Kenny too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post, Donna!! Hope you are feeling better and are tip-top soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sewing with vintage machines, and I also am curious where you found him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Kenny! He will make sewing those wallets so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kenny is a fine looking chap, and I'm sure he'll be very happy with your family. My first sewing machine was a Kenmore, and I've always regretted trading it in on Fiona Pfaff. I should have kept him and let him retire with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get a machine like this for some projects I have planned. Kenny is a looker. How'd you go about finding it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna